Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr Director, Strategic Account Management
Titusville, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 2688171020
The Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems Inc. Strategic Customer Group (SCG) is recruiting for a Senior Director, Strategic Account Management to be located in Titusville, NJ. The SCG is the strategic customer partner for the Janssen Pharmaceuticals business.
Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems Inc. provides account management and customer support services to key health care customers, including hospital systems and group purchasing organizations, leading health plans, pharmacy benefit managers, and government health care institutions. The Strategic Customer Group is embedded within the Janssen Pharmaceutical organization. Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., provides medicines for an array of health concerns in several therapeutic areas. Our ultimate goal is to help people live healthy lives. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market - from patients to practitioners, from clinics to hospitals. For more about the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit: www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com and www.janssenbiotech.com.
The Senior Director, Strategic Account Management is a key leader of Strategic Account Management (SAM), the organization within the SCG that manages strategic relationships with partners across eight marketplace channels to deliver and retain access for all the Janssen brand.
This position is based in Titusville, NJ. Position will require occasional travel to the Horsham, PA campus as well as travel in the field to visit customers, attend critical industry meetings, and participate in key SAM field events. Travel beyond Janssen campuses up to 25% of time.
This leader will operate as a critical member of the SAM team and reports to the Vice President, Strategic Account Management. This individual will lead shaping launch strategies for the field team as well as partnering to drive the fast-paced, high stakes negotiations for the specific account management teams through executive alignment.
This leader will have three primary accountabilities in addition to leading the Strategy and Operations team:
1. National Payer deal management: The SAM National Account Leads shape negotiations for the entire portfolio. This leader will be a key driver for these deals, which can be valued in the hundreds of millions of dollars. In this process, this leader will gain expertise in the payer space, major business to business negotiations as well as a strong background in each franchise and the entire Janssen portfolio.
2. Launch brand strategy: The Janssen organization will execute six major launches/market events in 2018 as well as many more to come in 2019 and beyond. There are also minor launches of multiple new indications. All require significant strategy work, prioritization, well-planned and optimally paced field training, and constant communication with brand leadership. This leader will be the holistic SAM strategy lead for at least two of these major launches. As such, excellent marketing and strategy skills are required.
3. Insights leadership: As payers gain more market power; as institutions wrestle with the shift to value in a dynamic policy environment, the organization needs more clarity on “what’s happening out there.” Similarly, our account leaders need to strengthen our ability to shape our messaging for the portfolio, for our brands with narratives, strategies, materials and tools from the brands. This leader will play a central role in transmitting information from the marketplace in; from inside out to market. This will involve close partnership with internal groups to ensure that the analytics are powering our narratives.
4. Leadership for Strategy and Operations team: The SAM team has a two-person Strategy and Operations team (D1 and M2) that help propel the field team. They shape our communication to the field and are involved in all aspects of our field leadership, from brand priorities, access commitments, training, meeting strategy, sponsorship for Commercial Excellence/IT initiatives to drive field efficiency. This leader will shape this team’s efforts to maximize our field team’s effectiveness, efficiency and optimize communications to our brand partners.
To deliver upon the above, this individual will collaborate with the following:
• SCG Leadership Team
• Janssen senior leadership (Janssen Americas Leadership Team level and VPs, Directors Of Marketing)
• SAM Senior Directors, Field Directors
• SCG Marketing organization
• Pricing and Strategic Contracting
• Medical Device SCG
• Key customers (priority will be within the National Payers/PBMs and top IDNs)
• Minimum if a Bachelor’s degree is required
• Minimum of twelve (12) years of experience in diverse broad based commercial roles is required
• Minimum of two (2) years of experience in at least one of the following: In-line Marketing, Strategic accounts, Sales, Institutional is required
• Customer facing experience and strong marketing skills are required
• Very strong leadership experiences, e.g. influencing without authority, managing a P&L, leading matrixes cross functional teams are required
• Current or previous experience at the Senior Director level is required
• Self-starter and agile thinker able to adapt in fast changing marketplace
• Superior marketing and strategic thinking skills is required
• Ability to earn credibility and trust among field leaders as well as customers is required
• Excellent executive presence – experienced in influencing customer executives and internal senior leaders is required
• Experience working across a matrix organization is required
• This position is located in Titusville, NJ and will require up to 25% domestic travel
United States-New Jersey-Titusville
Johnson & Johnson HCS Inc. (6077)