Johnson & Johnson Careers
Area Director, West- California/Arizona/Utah/Washington- CERENOVUS
Requisition ID: 2682190423
Johnson & Johnson’s Neurovascular Division (CNV), a member of the Medical
Device group, is recruiting for an Area Director, West. The Area Director, West will be based in
Arizona, California, Washington, or Utah (strong preference for California).
CERENOVUS, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, is a global leader in neurovascular care. Our commitment to changing the trajectory of stroke is inspired by our long heritage and dedication to helping physicians protect people from a lifetime of hardship. CERENOVUS offers a broad portfolio of devices used in the endovascular treatment of hemorrhagic and ischemic stroke.
Johnson & Johnson’s CNV Division is one of the leaders in the medical device industry. Our implants and instruments are used by interventional neuroradiologists, neurosurgeons and neurologists, to treat patients with conditions resulting from hemorrhagic and ischemic stroke. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding. We are one of the fastest growing businesses within Johnson & Johnson.
The Area Director is responsible for implementing/executing the Cerenovus commercial strategy by managing sales and clinical personnel and activities to maximize profitable sales growth in a rapidly growing marketplace.
The Area Director is responsible for the management of the team of Sales Representatives and Division Managers assigned to them. It is his/her responsibility to ensure that each group is performing their roles and responsibilities as required, providing a professional and knowledgeable interface with the healthcare community and generating revenues for Cerenovus at or above Cerenovus plan levels. He/she is also responsible for developing their team’s professional skills and knowledge. Additionally, the Area Director will work closely with the Senior VP of Sales & Training, Commercial Operations, and Professional Education to ensure that the sales team has the tools, support and education needed to perform optimally.
- Drive top line sales results in the Area of the US Sales & Field Service group, in line with the Business Plan- including defining and managing the monthly and annual sales objectives for all of the sales and clinical personnel.
- Meet and exceed sales and profit targets for the Area of the US Sales & Field Service organization. Provide accurate sales forecasts and develops and executes tactical sales plans including quotas and account objectives.
- Manage Area expense budget.
- Coach and manage (directly) the performance and competency development of direct reports. Lead and develop Division Managers to ensure they coach and manage the performance of the Clinical Account Specialists, Territory Managers and other direct reports.
- Oversee the appropriate use, budgetary allowance, and customer interactions of area's per diem clinical support. Responsible for leadership development of employees.
- Responsible for developing and enhancing the clinical proficiency and certification of area team in a manner that prioritizes business results/relationships and attainment of Area business goals.
- Responsible for developing the sales and negotiation proficiencies of the Division Managers.
- Recruit, develop and retain talent in the Area (e.g., selection, performance management, succession planning, development planning, retention planning, etc.).
- Oversee all Division Manager hiring. Develop and implement Company's commercial, field training and product and services marketing strategies and tactics through the field organization under his/her responsibility.
- Develop and execute customer relationship strategies through his/her organization to ensure effective relationships with key clinical and commercial stakeholders.
- Responsible for developing strong customer relationships within the Area with key customers.
- Drive organizational development and change.
- Partner with internal stakeholders (e.g., Commercial Excellence, Marketing, Commercial Effectiveness, Technical Services, Commercial Operations, etc.) to develop and execute area strategic plans.
- Participate as an active member of the US Sales & Field Services Leadership Team to ensure effective execution of global and national strategies at a Regional level.
- Lead national projects for the field organization.
- Create positive change and an environment of team engagement and motivation.
- Infuse the Johnson & Johnson Credo values and Biosense Webster Company culture into the Area.
- Understand, adhere to, and hold team accountable for adherence to Company programs, policies and procedures (e.g. pricing models, expense reporting, compensation, healthcare compliance, etc.).
- Assess market conditions to develop and execute competitive strategies to grow market share in the Area in line with the Company's strategic direction.
- Responsible for communicating business related issues or opportunities to next management level
- Responsible for ensuring subordinates follow all Company guidelines related to Health, Safety and Environmental practices and that all resources needed to do so are available and in good condition
- Responsible for ensuring personal and Company compliance with all Federal, State, local and Company regulations, policies, and procedures
- Performs other duties assigned as needed
- Minimum of a BA/BS, combined with a minimum of 10 years professional work experience.
- MBA is preferred. A minimum of 3 years of Sales Management experience in the US medical device industry is required.
- A minimum of 2 years business experience in the Neurovascular field is preferred.
- Experience managing multi-functional teams (eg, sales, clinical, technical services, etc.) is preferred.
- Preference will be given to individuals living within the area.
- Ability to travel up to 40% is required.
- Candidates must possess a valid driver's license issued in the United States and must successfully complete a background investigation, to include a review of your driving record history.
North America-United States-Utah, North America-United States-Arizona, North America-United States-Washington
DePuy Synthes Sales, Inc. (6032)