Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Principal Scientist, Biophysics-Structural Characterization
Requisition ID: 2679180202
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Principal Scientist position located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Biotech, Inc. delivers on the promise of new treatments and ways to improve the health of individuals with serious disease. Built upon a legacy of innovative firsts, Janssen Biotech pursues advancing patient care with immunology and oncology solutions. Please visit www.JanssenBiotech.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Principal Scientist, HDX-MS (hydrogen/deuterium exchange mass spectrometry) in Janssen Biotherapeutics (JBIO) will report into the Head of the Epitope Mapping Sub-team under the Director of Biophysics, Structural Characterization. The Biophysics, Structural Characterization Group develops and employs biophysical and mass spectrometric methods to assess intact primary structure, bottom-up protein structure assessments, epitope/paratope characterization, molecular stability under stressed conditions, and post-translational modification risks. This scientist will elucidate epitopes and paratopes for our hits and leads using low and high resolution HDX-MS (hydrogen/deuterium exchange mass spectrometry) techniques.
This scientist will be responsible for cross-training other scientists in the HDX-MS technology to expand our group capabilities so that there is technical redundancy for this highly critical workflow. This scientist will be a knowledge-expert for Janssen on the design of HDX-MS studies, as well as the interpretation of HDX-MS data. These datasets will be used in patent filings to support our therapeutic intellectual property. This individual’s effort will directly support portfolio advancement and lead selection based on the criterial outlined in Target Molecule Profiles put in place by JBIO and the requirement outlined by the Therapeutic Areas in order to achieve the therapeutic needs of the program. Research studies will span from Hit Generation through Lead Optimization, culminating in final determination of biophysical and structural quality of clinical candidates entering the clinical portfolio. As a Principal Scientist you will:
- Provide expertise in the elucidation of epitopes and paratopes using HDX-MS
- Collaborate with other team members on Biophysics or JBIO development initiates
- Maintain a laboratory notebook in compliance with Good Laboratory Practices (GLP)
- Author technical reports to support patent, NME and IND filings
- Communicate results to other scientific staff members and project leaders in the form of written and oral communications
- Continue to enhance HDX and/or mass spectrometric technology in the laboratory to keep up with the latest developments in the field
- Develop new methods/techniques to be used in supporting goals and objectives within JBIO
- Master’s with at least 15 years of scientific experience in HDX-MS in the pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry OR a PhD with at least 10 years of scientific experience in HDX-MS in pharmaceutical/biotechnology industry is required
- Expertise in HDX, epitope/paratope mapping, and modeling is required
- Understanding of protein structure and cellular biology is preferred
- Experience in characterization of protein dynamics, folding and aggregation is preferred
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)