Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Scientist, Chemist
Requisition ID: 2677180202
Advanced Sterilization Products Division of Ethicon, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Senior Scientist, Chemist, located in Irvine, CA.
ASP (Advanced Sterilization Products), a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is a leading designer and developer of innovative instrument sterilization, high-level disinfection and cleaning technologies. The company is dedicated to providing infection prevention solutions that create the safest possible environments for patients, healthcare providers and communities. ASP is based in Irvine, California with offices around the world. For more information, please visit www.aspjj.com or follow us at www.Twitter.com/aspjj.
In this role, the Senior Scientist will:
· Plan and execute research projects for assessment and development of new technologies for cleaning and sterilization of medical instruments.
· Prepare and execute protocols/studies to support product development from initial feasibility to final product verification / validation, while applying chemistry and biochemistry principles, particularly enzyme and disinfection chemistry, in new product and assay development.
· Ensure quality of projects including design, execution, data summary and interpretation, and report preparation /review adherent to GDP and applicable regulations.
· Prepare and review written information to provide current product support.
· Oversee chemistry laboratory equipment validation program.
· Maintain awareness of the advances and needs in enzymatic chemistry, sterilization / disinfection, microbiology and biocompatibility.
· Seek out new ideas and applications through journals, patents, scientific reviews, and technical meetings.
· Masters degree in Organic Chemistry, Microbiology, Biochemistry or related discipline with 4+ years of experience or PhD degree with 1+ years of experience is required.
· Effective oral and written communication skills as well as demonstrate the ability to effectively function in a cross-functional team environment is required.
· A strong literature search capability is required.
Knowledge and experience in the following topics are preferred:
· Chemical formulation development
· QSR, FDA / ISO guidelines
· Disinfectants, sterilants, detergents, enzyme chemistry, analytical chemistry knowledge (e.g. HPLC, UV-Vis, Fluorescence, FTIR, GC)
· Biofilm growth and related antimicrobial tests, protein detection methods, patent laws
Ethicon Inc. (6045)