Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manufacturing Supervisor, 1st, 4th and 5th Shift (3 positions)
Anasco, Puerto Rico
Requisition ID: 2674180601
Johnson & Johnson Vision, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for three (3) Manufacturing Supervisors - 1st, 4th and 5th shift.
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
As the Manufacturing Supervisor, you will:
• Supervise, direct and coordinate the activities of production personnel in a designated manufacturing area, to produce the desired output applying knowledge of production methods, processes, machine and equipment, and production capacities.
• Ensure compliance of training employees, setting production and performance goals, and maintaining a productive and motivational climate with the established Company requirements on safety, quality, regulatory issues, housekeeping, and personnel policies and procedures.
• Proactively meet corporate/divisional and organizational requirements for regulatory compliance with all local and federal agencies. Interpret company policies and procedures, specifications, and manufacturing procedures, among others, to monitor and provide continuous feedback on employee’s performance; take appropriate corrective actions whenever deviations from these occur.
• Obtain maximum productivity and efficiency in the designated area of responsibility by creatively coordinating and supervising the work of hourly manufacturing personnel.
• Implement production schedules minimizing changeovers and downtime.
• Produce output to fulfill production schedule requirements on a timely basis.
• Monitor processes and determine actions to assure costs, productivity, yields, lead time, service level, and inventory control activities are in line with business goals.
• Support/execute validation activities to assure proposals are in line with manufacturing expectations and provide administrative support to our business and quality systems representing the process area being supervised.
• Execute production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products, utilizing knowledge of production process and methods, machine and equipment capabilities, and human resources requirements. Maintain adequate floor control.
• Promote and assure a safety and teamwork environment according to the organization’s values.
• A bachelor’s or higher degree in Science, Business Administration or Engineering is required. Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) or Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification is desired.
• A minimum of six (6) years of experience in a manufacturing regulated environment is required.
• Experience in the Pharmaceutical or Medical Device industry is highly preferred.
• At least three (3) years of supervisory experience is required.
• Knowledge, understanding and application of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) is required.
• Experience with Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA), non-conformances and line balancing is a plus.
• Basic knowledge of process excellence/lean methodologies is preferred.
• Proven initiative, creativity, assertiveness and leadership abilities are required, as well as the ability to establish plans and prioritize activities effectively.
• Proficiency in English and Spanish (oral and written) is required.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required; SAP is preferred.
• The position requires up to ten percent (10%) of travel.
• Availability to work 1st shift, rotational 3rd/4th shift or rotational 3rd/5th shift is required. Flexibility to work extra hours, weekends or visit other shifts as per operational needs is required.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Puerto Rico-Anasco
AMO Puerto Rico Manufacturing, Inc. (Branch) (7239)