Johnson & Johnson Careers
DCC Engineering Intern
Requisition ID: 2670190818
- You will use your technology knowledge to support the process of developing trauma orthopedics products.
- You will use Creo 3.0 to layout and/or design surgical implants, instruments, test fixtures. You will contribute to the development of the products by drafting and running development tests.
- You will have an opportunity to work with product development engineers in support of a variety of verification activities including, but not limited to, drawing reviews, tolerance stack analysis, mechanical testing and finite element analysis.
- This position will also provide you with the opportunity to attend cadaver labs.
- Successful candidates for this role possess high mechanical aptitude as well as strong problem solving and communication skills.
- Engineering students who like to “tinker” and/or work with their hands are preferred. Must have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- You will maintain active, regular communication and involvement with internal and external project team members.
- You will maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
- Qualified candidates must be a current Delaware County Community College student in good standing. We are looking for candidates pursuing an Engineering, Associate in Science degree with an emphasis on Mechanical Engineering. We are looking for candidates that are:
- Highly motivated and can work independently on one or multiple projects under general direction and can exhibit an attention to detail.
- Interest in medical device/orthopedic fields.
- “Hands-on” engineering student w/ability to think creatively.
- Establish and foster collaboration and partnership internally and externally.
- Has a good sense of priorities and manages time accordingly.
- Has strong communication skills (written and verbal), including experience presenting in front of multidisciplinary audiences, and attending team meeting face to face and by teleconference.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office software is required as well as intermediate to advanced software skills with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint is required.
- Technical competencies are highly desirable such as is experience with PTC Creo, mechanical testing, and medical device documentation.
- A minimum G.P.A. of 3.0 is strongly preferred.
- Participation in campus/community service activities is desired.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
#JNJUndergaduate #JNJResearchandDevelopment #JNJInternship
United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester-
Synthes USA Products, LLC (6317)