Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Test Engineer
Requisition ID: 2668190424
DePuySynthes is recruiting for a Senior Test Engineer - Biomechanics, located in Warsaw, IN.
The Senior Test Engineer will provide professional expertise and knowledge of new product verification testing and research efforts. The role requires the engineer to be capable of analyzing and critiquing designs in prototype development stages in order to provide a functional test of efficacy. Other requirements include an understanding of mechanics, materials, international standards and bioengineering in both the industrial and academic fields.
- Assist with the development and testing of current and new orthopedic products.
- Work with development engineers, manufacturing, regulatory affairs, product directors, equipment and materials vendors and other team members to develop and execute test protocols, creating technical reports and contribute to peer reviewed publications. ]
- Mentor students and other technical staff.
- Work individually and as part of a team in development projects, possibly leading internal projects with a strong test/research bias.
- Work in a global team and execute test procedures in line with company/international procedures and specific country requirements to generate data required for the design verification section of product development design history files (DHF).
- Assist with keeping current all departmental work instruction to ensure consistency at both the US and UK Labs.
- Assist with test method validation exercises to ensure compliance with the most current Johnson & Johnson standards.
A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Materials or Biomedical Engineering or related discipline is required with an advanced degree strongly preferred.
- A good understanding of mechanical impact physics and two to four years of experience with mechanical impact testing are also desirable.
- Experience with high-speed data acquisition, analysis and computational modelling of mechanical impact is preferred.
- Experience with Matlab, Minitab, or other data analysis tools is preferred.
- At least 2 years related experience with a demonstrated testing focus is preferred (Co-Op experience will be considered).
- Experience with undertaking relatively complex mechanical/numerical analysis and product functional testing and translating biomechanical scenarios into complex mechanical test procedures is preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience with medical device regulations, including GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices), QSR (Quality Systems Regulations) and ISO (International Organization for Standardization) quality requirements is preferred.
Position may require up to 10% travel including international.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)