Janssen Research & Development, LLC., a Johnson and Johnson Company is hiring a Principal Scientist – In Vivo Pharmacology - Cardiovascular & Metabolism Discovery located in South San Francisco, CA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
We are seeking a Principal Scientist within our CVM group in Retinal Discovery located in South San Francisco, CA to support drug discovery of novel therapeutics for retinal disease. The successful candidate will be joining the In Vivo Pharmacology team and will lead and direct the execution of multiple projects. The Principal Scientist will use emerging developments in these fields to generate novel target ideas and provide technical and strategic input with the goal of progressing novel drug candidates into clinical development and beyond. The qualified candidate will work in cross-functional teams, including translational medicine, discovery, biomarker teams, program project teams and disease-specific working groups, to shape a discovery and development strategy for novel drug candidates and will bring forward novel translational animal models and innovative technologies to support the discovery pipeline.
The position is lab-based and the qualified scientist is responsible for study planning, execution, troubleshooting, documentation according to best business practices. In addition, scientific supervision and mentoring of junior scientists will be part of daily activities. The Principal Scientist interprets and integrates data and makes recommendations for critical discovery project decisions and achievement of project goals. Scientific accomplishments will be presented internally and externally to the scientific community and discussed with key opinion leaders.
- A Ph.D. with 8+ years of post graduate experience in ophthalmology in the pharmaceutical industry is required
- Expert skills in performing pharmacological and mechanistic studies in models of eye/ocular disease is required
- A background in ophthalmic drug discovery and preclinical models of ocular disease is required
- Demonstrated competence for team leadership and/or people management with a record of scientific accomplishments directed toward the discovery and development of therapeutic agents, including publishing work in journals, oral presentations within and outside industry, and participation in professional societies is required
- Excellent oral, written and management skills are required
- This position may require 10% travel
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-South San Francisco-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)