Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Counsel, Regulatory Law
Requisition ID: 2659180923
The Johnson & Johnson Law Department is recruiting for a Senior Counsel, Regulatory Law, to be located at Johnson & Johnson Headquarters in New Brunswick, NJ or Horsham, PA.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
As a Senior Counsel Regulatory Law, you will:
- Be a member of the Global Regulatory Legal Team and provide specialized legal support to assigned therapeutic area(s) in the Pharmaceutical Sector of Johnson & Johnson.
- Be responsible for advising clients on FDA regulatory matters and compliance with laws, regulations, industry standards and company policies that arise throughout the product lifecycle, including in the areas of product development, regulatory submissions, advertising and promotion, research, and quality.
- Provide legal counsel on health care laws, including the Federal Anti-Kickback Statute, and related health care legal obligations and on legal requirements related to privacy and data protection.
- Provide advice on marketing and sales activities and programs, including review of advertising and promotional materials, and will work with clients to develop appropriate and compliant strategies for interacting with healthcare providers, payors, and other stakeholders.
- Collaborate with and advise other functional teams supporting the Business on regulatory issues.
- Engage in initiatives with trade associations and policy teams related to regulatory issues.
- Work closely with other Law Department colleagues to provide consistent and efficient legal support to Johnson & Johnson companies.
- A Juris Doctor Degree with admission to (and current good standing with) the bar of at least one state or the District of Columbia is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience advising clients on FDA regulatory matters is required; a focus on pharmaceutical and biotechnology products is preferred.
- Experience is required in the legal review of labeling materials and counseling on other aspects of regulatory strategy for product submissions and lifecycle management.
- Experience advising on health care compliance obligations, including the U.S. Health Care Fraud and Abuse Laws, is strongly preferred.
- Experience in a law firm supporting clients in the life sciences industry on regulatory matters or in a regulatory agency, such as the U.S. F.D.A., is strongly preferred.
- The ideal candidate should have excellent strategic and analytical skills, strong communication and presentation skills, and the ability to work independently and to collaborate on teams are required.
- This position will require travel, approximately 30% of the time
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
Johnson & Johnson (6067)