Johnson & Johnson Careers
Scientist, Functional Genomics
Requisition ID: 2653181002
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for an Senior Scientist, Functional Genomics, for our site in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This candidate will join Functional Genomics, a group within the Translational Platform department of Discovery Sciences, to develop and implement cutting-edge approaches using gene editing tools to support the identification and development of small and large molecule therapeutics for disease indications, including Oncology, Immunology, Infectious Diseases, Neuroscience, and Cardiovascular and Metabolic Diseases. They will work in an exciting, interdisciplinary environment, overlapping the different stages of the discovery pipeline, by interacting with several internal and external teams. The candidate should be highly self-motivated and have experience managing a team of associate level staff. Responsibilities for the candidate include design and execution of cellular experiments and screens using shRNA, CRISPR/Cas9, and other functional genomics tools for target identification, MOA characterization, and mechanisms of resistance and/or sensitivity to small and large molecules. This person is expected to be able to critically analyze their data and troubleshooting skills will be essential. They should demonstrate a sense of urgency, be organized and adhere to sensitive timelines.
As a Scientist responsibilities will include:
- Design and execute cellular experiments and screens using shRNA, CRISPR/Cas9, and other functional genomics tools for target identification, MOA characterization, and mechanisms of resistance and/or sensitivity to small and large molecules
- Expected to be able to critically analyze their data and troubleshooting skills
- Collaborate with stakeholders and business partners across multiple disciplines and contribute to various projects within the organization
- Coordinate with external companies and collaborators to generate reagents and perform experiments
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency, be organized and adhere to sensitive timelines
- Keep up-to-date on literature related to his/her field. Act as an expert resource in her/his scientific field and related disciplines. Propose novel and actionable assay ideas, aligned with internal and external scientific strategies and demands
- Communicate in a clear and professional manner, both in writing and orally
- Present data in a professional 'publication ready' format
- Ph.D. degree or equivalent, with a minimum of two years of post-degree experience in a biotech/ pharmaceutical setting, or an academic environment is required
- Strong record of publications is required
- Ability to interpret, troubleshoot and report on complex data is required
- Able to effectively present scientific data and concepts to international standards is required
- Ability to perform tissue culture with established cell lines and primary cultures is required.
- Expertise with cellular and molecular biology techniques is required
- Experience with at least three of following techniques: transfections, transductions, RNAi, CRISPR/Cas9, microscopy, flow cytometry, PCR, RT-QPCR, western blotting, is preferred
- Experience with arrayed, pooled, genome-scale, and functional genomics screens in vitro or in vivo and cell line engineering is preferred
- Experience managing team members in constructive and productive ways is preferred
- Basic statistical knowledge is preferred
- Drug discovery experience in a biotech or pharmaceutical environment is preferred
- System experience with electronic notebook management is preferred
- Experience with collaborating with external partners (e.g. contract research organizations and academics) is preferred
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)