Johnson & Johnson Careers
Metrologist - Level 3
Requisition ID: 2650190819
Johnson & Johnson Vision (JJV), a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Metrologist - Level 3.
JJV, is a worldwide company with operations in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization. Since we introduced soft disposable contact lenses in 1988, and through the acquisition of Abbott Medical Optics in 2017, no other manufacturer has matched the aggressive expansion of our wide-ranging Surgical Vision (Cataracts and Lasik portfolio) and Vision Care (ACUVUE and Consumer Eye Health solutions) family of products. Our associates around the world are committed to expanding the JV brand and fortifying our position as the worldwide leader in total eye healthcare solutions.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
- Identify, plan and coordinates Calibration services with the Customer or End User for the Instrumentation Measuring Testing Equipment (IMTE) of a single Generation Technology platform.
- Familiarize with the Calibration Standards used to perform the calibration testing and troubleshooting for the Technology Generation Platform assigned to him/her.
- Perform duties under the guidance of a Senior Metrologist.
- Work closely with management to ensure calibration tests and evolutions are performed on schedule and in a timely manner.
- Respond to trouble-calls and emergency after hours/weekend call-ins as necessary to help maintain a continuous 24-hour operation schedule.
- Be the departmental liaison interfacing with representatives from customer groups; including Engineering, Operations and Support areas.
- Provide guidance and familiarization to newly assigned Calibration personnel to the Technology Platform he’s been assigned to.
- Adhere to quality, safety and environmental policies procedures and supports department environmental objectives.
- Troubleshoot and resolve calibration system issues.
- Prepare, review and maintain calibration documentation for adherence to GMP/ISO requirements.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- A minimum of an Associate Degree or 2-year Vocational Technology Certificate or Military Training or equivalent work experience is required.
- Professional Relevant Business Experience is required.
- A minimum of four (4) years of recent experience with, and comprehension of highly accurate standards and instrumentation is preferred.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problems with instrumentation is preferred.
- Strong math and analytical skills are required.
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills are required.
- Proven understanding of FDA/ISO/GMP regulations is preferred.
- Available for mandatory overtime and emergency call-ins as dictated by business needs is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Products are required.
- This position is located in Jacksonville, FL.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)