Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease and improve the quality of life. Johnson & Johnson Guelph campus was established in 1980 and our current portfolio includes: Tylenol*, Benylin and Motrin® products.
If you want to leave your personal mark and be valued for who you are, Johnson & Johnson offers an experience for an opportunity to work with hardworking people who share your real passion for caring in an environment that empowers you to drive your own career.
Johnson & Johnson Guelph site is looking to recruit a Microbiology Technician for an 8-12 month (12 month preferred) position on our team. As a member of the QA Microbiology Team, you will be able to tackle tasks of growing responsibility throughout the course of the work term(s) in support of the laboratory operations.
Our site was recognized as the University of Guelph Co-op Employer of the Year for 2012 based on the strong mentoring and coaching present at the site. A training coordinator will be assigned the new hire, along with the site wide training and a modular functional training program.
In the role of the Microbiology Technician (co-op) your responsibilities will include:
- Organizing and preparing all microbiological reagents and culture media, as well as perform quality testing to challenge media growth performance and sterility prior to use.
- Supporting overall microbial plant hygiene through collection of samples through the Environmental Monitoring and Water Monitoring Programs, as well as Cleaning Validation.
- Completing formal risk assessments for recovered isolates, when needed.
- Supporting water activity testing for product stability programs
- Maintaining a safe work environment by utilizing aseptic techniques, good laboratory practices (GLPs), and following Canadian Biosafety Standards and Guidelines for the handling of biological agents in a level 2 laboratory.
- Executing laboratory investigations and co-ordinating necessary CAPA activities.
- Revising methods and standard operating procedures as required.
- Troubleshooting equipment/systems and facilitate remediation, as needed.
- Maintaining detailed, accurate and up-to-date records of work performed using good documentation practices (GDPs), thus supporting high documentation right-first-time metric.
- Identifying continuous-improvement opportunities and executing implementation of innovative ways for current systems/processes.
- Enrollment in a B.Sc program in the biological sciences. Students registered in Microbiology program in their 2nd or 3rd year are preferred.
- Strong microbiological and aseptic techniques.
- Excellent oral communication and written documentation skills.
- Ability to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment.
- Very strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Comfortable working with various computer programs.
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)