Johnson & Johnson Careers
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 2626180921
Janssen Research & Development, LLC, a Johnson and Johnson Company is hiring a Senior Statistician to be in Spring House, PA.
Janssen, Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson and Johnson (J&J) develops treatments that improve the health and lifestyles of people worldwide. Research and development areas encompass novel targets in neurologic disorders, gastroenterology, oncology, infectious disease, diabetes, hematology, metabolic disorders, immunologic disorders, and reproductive medicine.
The Senior Statistician will provide statistical support with respect to design of experiments, analysis, and reporting results for various clients with an emphasis on discovery research. Links with Early Clinical Development for translational work will be required.
In this role, the candidate will be embedded in cross-functional teams and will provide specialized statistical modeling input directly to the discovery teams of the immunology Therapeutic Area. The focus of the job is on statistical analysis of data generated in the context of biomarker research and bioassay development. The work is usually done in close collaboration with scientists and modelers within Quantitative Sciences, TA-based scientists and scientists in the Discovery Sciences department.
• Very interactive communication with TA scientists and computational scientists
• Perform statistical research for submission related activities where appropriate
• Participation in scientific activities in the local professional community
Position is in the Discovery and Safety team within the Translational Medicine and Early Development unit of the Statistical Decisions Sciences, the global statistics department of Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson and Johnson.
• A minimum of a Ph.D. in Statistics or related field with two years relevant experience, preferable in pre-clinical statistics, is required. Master’s degree in Statistics or related field with commensurate years of experience is preferred.
• Basic knowledge of SAS or R programming is required.
• Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills is required.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)