Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Director, Real World Value and Evidence (RWVE), Oncology
Requisition ID: 2601180921
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC is dedicated to providing medical information and consultative support to the Janssen pharmaceutical companies.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Under the supervision of the Director, you will support the evidence generation, and dissemination plans for our Oncology areas of focus. Other key responsibilities are as follows:
• Manage research studies and other related projects, as aligned with the IEGP and other business needs. Ensure quality of design, execution, and publication of real-world evidence studies as well as quality of models & tools developed for business partners.
• In collaboration with the RWVE therapeutic area leads and Integrated Evidence Teams, develop and refine key research questions, and prioritize research requirements.
• Represent RWVE on assigned cross-functional franchise teams, with internal partners such as RWVE colleagues, Real World Analytics and Alliances, Integrated Evidence Teams, Regional Core Strategy Teams (RCSTs), Marketing, Strategic Customer Group, Medical Affairs, Global Market Access, Epidemiology, Government Affairs and Policy, and other J&J Operating Companies, as needed.
• Serve as subject matter expert in responding to U.S.-focused Health Technology/Value Assessments of our products by external organizations.
- A master’s degree in health economics, statistics, health policy or related field is required. A doctorate is preferred
- At least 5 years relevant experience pharma or healthcare industry, preferably in health economics, market access or related functions is required
- Experience in outcomes-based strategies and tactics to meet both commercial and scientific objectives for a given product is required
- Solid experience in conducting outcomes research studies applying health economics, patient-reported outcomes, retrospective and prospective data analyses, epidemiology or health services research is required
- Solid project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously is required
- Experience in the use of common research data sources, designing studies, and interpreting data preferred
- Working knowledge of drug development and regulatory approval process is preferred
- Working knowledge of United States health care systems and customers; specifically understanding business models and perspectives of managed care, long term care, and public sector preferred
- Understanding of the uses of evidence-based medicine and comparative effectiveness for health policy decision-making preferred
- Working knowledge of regulatory and commercial compliance issues relating to conducting research and disseminating of scientific information preferred
- Excellent skills in collaboration, influencing and communication (both written and presentation)
- Proven medical writing skills (published papers, posters, and abstracts)
- This role requires up to 20% for mostly domestic travel.
- This role can be based in Horsham, PA; Titusville, NJ or Raritan, NJ with the ability to work in Horsham 1-2 days per week.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan, United States-New Jersey-Titusville
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC (6120)
Health Economics R&D