Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: 2599180202
Ethicon Surgical Care, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Scientist I located in Cornelia, GA.
The Ethicon Surgical Care business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies-including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices-that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women's health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon Surgical Care business combines products and services of two market leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and electiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today. Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Scientist Level 1 will report directly to the Laboratory Supervisor/Manager and will perform routine and complex testing in compliance with laboratory test methods and procedures to support the manufacturing and timely delivery of product to customers (80 to 100%). The Scientist 1 will receive general instructions about required tasks and results expected. Work will be well defined and will be reviewed for accuracy upon completion. The Scientist 1 is expected to apply standard practices and techniques in specific situations and to recognize discrepancies in results and follow operations through a series of detailed steps and processes. Additionally, the Scientist Level 1 has accountability and ownership to maintain laboratory instruments in their qualified state.
Major responsibilities will include:
- Performing routine and complex testing in compliance with laboratory test methods and procedures to support the manufacturing & timely delivery of product to customers.
- Compendial testing
- Raw material, In-process and finished goods testing when thorough training has been completed.
- Initiation and participation during investigations for non-conforming laboratory test results.
- Collecting and preparing laboratory records for evaluation following good documentation practices.
- Troubleshooting methodology or instrument problems
- Communicating business related issues or opportunities to their immediate Supervisor
- Operating in accordance with current GMPs with regard to documenting, testing and maintaining accurate laboratory records.
- Performing daily calibrations/verifications and routine maintenance of laboratory instrumentation and equipment according to current SOPs.
- Assisting in various other duties which contribute to the organization and function of the laboratory.
- Ensuring personal and company compliance with all Federal, State, local and company regulations, policies and procedures for Health, Safety and Environmental compliance.
- Providing initial review of data generated by peers and contract laboratories
- Providing assistance in training
- Work in team environment behaving in a CREDO based respectful manner
- Comply with all federally regulated programs.
- Adhere to J&J environmental and safety policies and guidelines.
- Comply with all job specific safety procedures and utilize PPE when necessary.
- Comply with quality system requirements as defined within procedures and instructions.
- Use test equipment (Starett Gauge, Mitutoyo Gauge, Microscope, etc) where applicable.
- Utilize applicable software systems as needed for the job (e.g. ComplianceWire, ADAPTIV, etc.)
- Consistently meet required work performance targets (RE’s), if applicable
- Support LEAN and Six Sigma Initiatives.
- Support Maintenance Excellence (ME2) including 6S and Operator Asset Care.
- Accurately complete records as defined within the job procedures (e.g. manual and/or electronic documentation).
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Consistently meet required Training due date target
- A Bachelor of Science Degree is required.
- A minimum of 0-2 years of experience
- Experience with LIMS/Empower knowledge is preferred
- This role will be 2nd shift (11AM -7PM) with potential overtime and weekend work required.
Ethicon Inc. (6045)