Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Scientist, Discovery Chemistry
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 2590180921
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Scientist in Discovery Chemistry, for our site in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The newly formed Discovery Chemistry group is committed to the delivery of high quality drug candidates working with all six Janssen Therapeutic Areas (TAs). This mission requires deep scientific expertise in a number of disciplines including chemistry, cellular and molecular pharmacology, enzymology, and screening technologies coupled with an ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners. Building on a strong legacy of success, we are currently seeking an outstanding individual to join our team as Senior Scientist, Discovery Chemistry. This position will be based at our drug discovery site in Spring House, PA.
We are seeking experienced medicinal chemists with outstanding organic synthesis expertise to advance small molecule drug discovery programs toward the clinic. In this laboratory-based position, the successful candidate will partner with both internal and external medicinal chemistry teams to generate innovative solutions to synthetic and medicinal chemistry challenges within the context of small molecule drug discovery projects. She/he will maintain close interactions with computer assisted design scientists, biologists, pharmacologists, and pharmaceutical development scientists. Strong people skills and the ability to thrive in a team and goal driven environment are key attributes.
This individual must also excel in communication and have strong interpersonal skills necessary to influence in a collaborative multidisciplinary environment.
Responsibilities of the Senior Scientist include:
• Maintaining a high level of productivity in the laboratory setting.
• Developing and executing clear synthetic strategies towards complex molecules using state-of-the-art synthetic methodologies.
• Independently designing and synthesizing drug-like molecules utilizing medicinal chemistry knowledge and an understanding of ADME, pharmacokinetics and optimal physicochemical properties.
• Collaboratively supporting the advancement of compounds through in vitro and in vivo studies to identify development candidates.
• Collaboration with structure-based design groups to impact rational design of molecules.
• Generating novel, testable hypotheses to enable clear decision making.
• Contributing to defining scientific strategies and goals within a project team setting.
• Presenting data and reports on project status at individual, group, and departmental meetings.
• Drafting, executing and serving as lead author on research published in peer reviewed journals, and presenting work at scientific conferences.
• PhD in synthetic organic or medicinal chemistry is required
• At least 3 years of experience at a pharmaceutical company in medicinal chemistry, performing progressively advanced duties beyond the Scientist level
• Postdoctoral experience is preferred
• Strong track record of achievement in the synthesis of complex molecules and/or synthetic methodology development, with deep knowledge of modern synthetic & analytical techniques.
• Proven track record of scientific contributions including peer reviewed publications, patents and presentations.
• Experience with computational chemistry methods and biophysical techniques such as X-ray crystallography is preferred.
• Independent thinking and the ability to effectively collaborate in a highly matrixed environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, including preparation of presentations.
• Up to 5% travel is required.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)