Johnson & Johnson Careers
Supervisor QA Microbiology
Requisition ID: 2589180921
Johnson & Johnson Vision (JJV), a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Supervisor QA Microbiology, to be located in Jacksonville, FL.
JJV, is a worldwide company with operations in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization. Since we introduced soft disposable contact lenses in 1988, and through the acquisition of Abbott Medical Optics in 2017, no other manufacturer has matched the aggressive expansion of our wide-ranging Surgical Vision (Cataracts and Lasik portfolio) and Vision Care (ACUVUE and Consumer Eye Health solutions) family of products. Our associates around the world are committed to expanding the JV brand, and fortifying our position as the worldwide leader in total eye healthcare solutions.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
In this role you will manage all aspects of the Quality Assurance Microbiology Laboratory supporting Jacksonville Operations. Ensure all testing & quality requirements related to all products meet company requirements. This position also provides technical leadership and establishes appropriate systems to ensure departmental compliance with regulatory requirements.
Your responsibilities will include
- Supervises the performance, review and scheduling of laboratory personnel. Provides training development.
- Oversees microbiology program and coordinates microbiology laboratory activity in support of routine testing. etc.
- Coordinates and prioritizes laboratory activity in support of routine testing, product release, process non-conformances, complaint investigations, regulatory submissions, etc.
- Acts as a technical expert and approval authority on relevant technical issues, protocols, SOPs, methods, etc.
- Implements cost improvement projects within department and in support of internal customers.
- Oversees safety & environmental requirements for microbiology lab and ensures lab meets all safety requirements.
- Track, report, & improve key quality indicators for laboratory compliance and efficiency.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Plans and manages annual spending and headcount budgets.
- Acts as the contact for regulatory groups on scientific issues and audits.
- Bachelors Degree in hard science is required.
- Microbiology and advanced degree are highly preferred.
- Six(6) years experience in Quality Assurance and or Research and Development is required.
- Experience in Medical Device or Pharmaceutical industry is required.
- Understanding of basic Microbiology and Quality System principles and practices is required.
- Understanding of sterilization is highly preferred.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and oral communications skills.
- Supervisory training and/or experience is preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of GMP, GLP and ISO requirement is required.
- Ability to interpret GMPs, regulations, corporate, and company policy is required.
- Technical depth to make solid business decisions.
- Technical writing skills are preferred.
- Audit expedience is preferred.
- Thorough understanding of lab operations and overview of manufacturing process and lab documentation practices is required.
- LIMS experience is preferred.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)