Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Strip Polishing Operator
Requisition ID: 2574180202
Ethicon, Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for Strip Polishing Operator located in Cornelia, GA.
The Ethicon Surgical Care business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women’s health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon Surgical Care business combines products and services of two market-leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
The Strip Polishing Operator is responsible for set up, troubleshooting and operation of Ethicon Strip Polish Machinery for the Ethicon Cornelia site while under the direction of the manufacturing facilitators.
• Follow current compliance regulations and standards
• Ensure safe working conditions and practices in the department
• Adhere to FDA quality and worldwide quality systems
• Electro- Polish all needle types using strip polishing lines
• Responsible for start-up, monitoring, process trouble shooting of all strip polishing equipment
• Responsible for performing required attributes and variable test on needles
• Able to perform all functions of the job by using CIM
• Respool cardio and PS needle
• Perform heat treatment of surgical products
• Perform voltage checks on machines
• Comply with all federally regulated programs
• Adhere to J&J environmental and safety policies and guidelines
• Comply with all job specific safety procedures and utilize PPE when necessary
• Comply with quality system requirements as defined within procedures and instructions.
• Use test equipment (Starett Gauge, Mitutoyo Gauge, Microscope, etc) where applicable.
• Utilize applicable software systems as needed for the job (e.g. ComplianceWire, ADAPTIV, etc.)
• Consistently meet required work performance targets (RE’s), if applicable
• Support LEAN and Six Sigma Initiatives
• Support Maintenance Excellence (ME2) including 6S and Operator Asset Care
• Accurately complete records as defined within the job procedures (e.g. manual and/or electronic documentation)
• Consistently meet required Training due date targets
• Assist with Preventative Maintenance as needed
• Assist process engineers/facilitators in trouble shooting, process improvement activities
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• A minimum of two (2) years of related experience is preferred
• Strip polish experience is preferred
• Mechanical aptitude is required
• Basic computer skills are required
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal relation skills are required
• Problem solving skills are required
• Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, percentages, fractions, etc.) are required
• Ability to work in a stressful/fast paced environment is required
• Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job which include: Standing, kneeling, sitting, walking, grasping, talking/hearing, pushing, lifting/carrying up to 50 lbs. (lifting from ground to knees, ground to waist, waist to shoulders)
• Must be able to perform the vision screening requirements of the job which include: Far point acuity (microscope), near point acuity, depth perception and color perception
• Must be willing and able to work 12-hour rotational night shift, and overtime as needed
Ethicon Inc. (6045)