Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Process Engineer (Foundry Engineering )
Requisition ID: 2560180620
DePuy Synthes Orthopaedics is currently searching for a Senior Process Engineer to support the Foundry / Cast Products & Polish Value Stream at their Raynham, MA facility.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Senior Process Foundry Engineer will play a strategic role in supporting existing processes for the casting of medical device components. This position will lead and facilitate process improvements and act as the SME in resolving technical process issues which may impact production. Drive the formulation and development of long-term asset reliability strategy. Collaborate on the identification and implementation of capital project(s) which support process improvement and advanced manufacturing capabilities. Act as cross over SME between Foundry and Polish Cell to resolve potential Foundry related issues with CNC milling / grinding or finishing. The successful candidate will conduct and participate in cross-functional teams comprised of Operations, Quality, OPEX, EHS, Facilities and Manufacturing Engineering driving continuous improvement efforts to reduce scrap, increase uptime, increase capacity and improve quality with existing products and processes.
- Lead process engineering initiatives to support day to day foundry value stream activities in accordance with ISO 13485 and FDA 21 CFR Part 820
- Initiate and lead process and product improvement programs for cycle time, cost reduction, yield, safety and quality utilizing process excellence tools and leveraging cross functional teams. Identify and track key performance metrics linked to actionable objectives.
- Support internal / external audits as foundry value stream SME and lead investigations related to non-conformances, CAPA or audit observations.
- Provide process engineering support through participation in KPI board reviews and Foundry /Polish pulse walks ensuring operations is meeting their SKU level attainment commitment.
- Develop validation documentation for changes/improvements to existing manufacturing processes.
- Develop / update procedures, manufacturing specifications, bills, routes and travelers for product & process changes in the PLM system.
- Oversee / update foundry’s acceptance of manufacturing materials processes.
- As SME, troubleshoot and resolve issues with all foundry processes (wax injection / tooling, shell/slurry and casting). Develop and implement detailed project plans utilizing robust engineering and quality principles to restore manufacturing operations.
- Supports senior leadership with the development of site strategy in regards to the foundry value stream in alignment with plant level goals and objectives.
- Leverage the foundry virtual team through participation and collaboration across sites.
- Maintain compliance with all company policies, Quality System Regulations and Environmental Health, Safety and Sustainability Performance Standards.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Minimum of six (6) years of overall manufacturing engineering experience required
- Foundry engineering experience in Investment Casting is required.
- Knowledge of process validations, process mapping and Lean/6 Sigma tools are required.
- Working knowledge of GD&T and process excellence tools is required
- Knowledge of CNC machining processes is required
- Related work experiences such as Sand or Die Metal Casting, Wax or Plastic Injection Molding is a plus.
- Must be proficient in MS Office software applications.
- Experience within a regulated manufacturing environment highly preferred.
- Medical device or other regulated work environment such as Automotive and Aerospace is a plus.
- This position requires exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to perform effectively in a team environment.
The position is located in Raynham, MA and it is required for the candidate to possess the ability to travel up to 10%.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)