Johnson & Johnson Careers
TS Sr. Manager, Healthcare Technology
Requisition ID: 2558180927
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Sr. Technology Manager, Healthcare Technology, will manage a team of high performing Scrum Masters and other technology professionals and will serve in a Scrum of Scrums capacity to support the needs of the J&J businesses (primarily Health and Wellness Solutions) and the Healthcare Technology platform strategy. This role will support defining the global Technology Services model for Healthcare Technology as well driving improved and consistent end-to-end delivery. This role will report directly to the Regional Service Owner, Healthcare Technology Services. This role will also be responsible for managing and coaching of Digital Product Delivery engagements and capacity teams from a Scrum of Scrums capacity.
This role is also responsible for furthering/ maturing the Healthcare technology platform and service roadmap in partnership with Health and Wellness, The RSO, and other Product Management organizations and Healthcare Technology/ Digital PLO’s and BTL’s, assessing resourcing needs and optimal staffing in partnership with the Development Centers. This role is responsible for maturing our Delivery and leveraging best practices from the global team of Scrum Masters. The incumbent will leverage SME in Agile and Digital Product Development to drive high quality, high value delivery in support J&J’s goals towards becoming a Technology and Healthcare company.
- A leadership role in managing a group of agile scrum software development teams.
- Resource planning, management, and reporting on team performance against goals and metrics.
- Collaborating with the core development team and the product owners to define and estimate business requirements and translate them into specific software tasks
- Collaborating internally with peers leading all aspects of our digital strategy (ex. eCommerce, digital marketing, sales force enablement, analytics/big data).
Key Working Relationships
- Internal: Software Engineering and Architecture, Product Management, internal TS partners, and enterprise Technology Leadership
- A Bachelor’s degree is required. Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Management or related major preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years of related work experience required, with 7 years in a highly matrixed large enterprise organization preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years managing people, particularly Scrum Masters, Service Specialists, or technical staff is required.
- Scrum Master Certification plus a minimum of 2 years of experience working as a Scrum Master is required.
- Experience working with Digital Product Delivery is preferred.
- Experience in development and commercial launch of consumer or patient oriented digital products with a healthcare focus, that includes both web and mobile (native mobile) software is preferred.
- Experience leading Agile (Scrum, Kanban, or Lean) teams with a focus on software development is required.
- Hands on experience running agile software development teams with a minimum of 8 members and 2 concurrent projects is preferred.
- Experience with managing vendor and consulting partners is required.
- Experience with GXP software development and validation is preferred.
- Familiarity with architecting, developing, and launching n-tier applications that include web, mobile, and back-end connectivity in a healthcare setting.
- Familiarity with the architecture and design of highly scalable, fault tolerant, and highly secure applications targeted at the healthcare space.
- Familiarity with source code management using Git/SVN.
- Familiarity with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) services.
- Familiarity with Automated Testing and tools such as Hyperion is a plus.
- Strong ability to mentor, coach, review, and grow technical teams and talent.
- Experience with lean product design principles.
- Familiarity with object-oriented design and implementation
- Exceptional analytical and creative problem-solving skills; self-starter and solution-oriented individual that can act independently and run a team
- Excellent oral and verbal written communication skills
- Proven leadership skills to include leading large organizations through transformational change, attracting, mentoring and retaining top IT talent and creating an environment that fosters excellence, collaboration and teamwork
- Ability to solve complex business problems and present recommendations to senior management effectively
- Ability to define, shape, and help drive strategy to completion while effectively collaborating with others under minimal direction/supervision
- Ability to suggest improvements on user experience and exposure to prototyping tools a plus
- Strong relationship building skills, influencing internal and external stakeholders with shared and divergent interests, function or matrix environment and globally is required
- Strong math, analytical, statistical modeling and problem-solving skills
United States-New Jersey-Raritan
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)