Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manager, ESIQ Supplier Quality
Requisition ID: 2553190423
Janssen Supply Group, LLC is recruiting for a Manager, ESIQ Supplier Quality in Athens, Georgia.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
The J&J Supply Chain is an integrated, global supply chain that serves the needs of the 1 billion people who use J&J products each and every day around the world. We manufacture more than 26 billion product units per year, from raw component sourcing to end product distribution as efficiently and effectively as possible with high quality, compliance and service performance. Our supply chain organization makes up 45% of all J&J employees, and includes 125 internal manufacturing plants, manages 581 external manufacturers, utilizes 459 distribution centers, partners with over 3700 direct suppliers, produces over 300,000 sku’s.
This position will be part of the Janssen Supply Chain (JSC), a global organization responsible for supplying medicines to markets and patients around the world. With Supplier Quality as our primary focus, we strive to provide access and affordability through innovation and collaboration with our internal sites, Procurement, R&D, and other Commercial partners to deliver life changing solutions for patients in need.
As a Manager within ESIQ Supplier Quality, you will be a Quality Account Manager and responsible for a portfolio of suppliers. You will monitor the quality parameters for assigned suppliers and to report on their performance. This includes the supply of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (API), Large Molecule formulated bulk and product, raw materials, chemicals, components, excipients, packaging materials, medical devices, and other materials & services. Additional responsibilities include:
- Connect as the Single Point of Contact, providing Supplier Quality (SQ) support with internal JSC sites.
- Take part in the selection and qualification of suppliers while cooperating with other departments.
- Be responsible for quality engagements with suppliers to identify and implement improvements regarding their performance, quality, and cost.
- Document risk assessments of a supplier's quality systems by means of on-site audits, questionnaires, or other tools to assure the quality and conformity of supplied materials.
- Be involved in assessing the impact of supplier change management, non-conformances, compliance issues, and corrective actions.
- Establish and perform periodic review of Quality Agreements.
- Assist internal sites in preparing for health authority inspections with supplier management processes and information.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required. A degree focused in Engineering or Science is preferred
- A minimum of 8 years of related experience in an FDA or health authority regulated industry (Pharmaceuticals, OTC/Consumer, Medical Devices, etc.) is required
- Experience with Small Molecule API is required
- Experience with Change Control, Deviation Handling, and CAPA is required
- Auditing experience in either internal or external auditing is required. External auditing experience as a lead auditor is preferred
- Experience working in highly cross functional environments, including interacting with the following areas: R&D, Operations, Procurement, Technical Operations, and Regulatory Affairs is required
- Quality and Compliance experience and knowledge of Quality Standards (i.e. ISO9001, ICH Q7, etc.) is preferred
- Experience handling the oversight of external suppliers or manufacturers is preferred
- Prior experience in developing and maintaining Quality agreements is preferred
- Experience with an Event Tracking System, an ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system, or using SAP and/or TrackWise is preferred
- Experience utilizing risk management strategies and tools is preferred
- This position will be located in Athens, GA or work remotely near the site and may require up to 40% travel both domestic and international as needed. The ability to drive a car and travel by air are necessary.
- Relocation assistance is unavailable for this role.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
JANSSEN SUPPLY GROUP, LLC (6046)