Johnson & Johnson Careers
Staff Systems Integration Engineer (Lasers) in Milpitas, CA
Requisition ID: 2539180530
Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision (JJSV) is recruiting for a Staff Systems Integration Engineer (Lasers) in Milpitas, CA. JJSV designs, manufactures, and distributes products for the surgical treatment of anterior segment ophthalmic disorders, most notably cataract removal.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision goal is improving sight throughout a patient’s lifetime. J&J Surgical Vision is well positioned to address a full range of vision health needs for global markets: The No. 2 global provider of CATARACT products and a leader in presbyopia-correcting IOLs, the Global REFRACTIVE (LASIK) market leader, all supported with a CONSUMER EYE HEALTH diverse portfolio of solutions and drops. Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision has operations in the United States, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization. Our associates around the world are committed to expanding our brands and fortifying our position as the worldwide leader in the industry.
- The primary responsibility of this individual is to be directly responsible for the execution of equipment prototyping development and builds for J&J Vision Surgical product lines. System development and integration is the key interface among all engineering functional groups. It directly affects the product functional performance, manufacturability, and reliability.
- Execute system prototype build, integration, functional bring-up, and system performance verification and testing. (50%)
- Execute system compliance testing. (20%)
- Refine and document system assembly and alignment/calibration instructions for new product development. (10%)
- Contribute to system hardware and software functional debugs. (10%)
- Collaborate with other functional design engineers to optimize product system design. (10%)
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, System Engineering or a related engineering discipline and a minimum of six (6) years of relevant experience.
- A minimum of two (4) years of progressive system development experience.
- Strong hands-on experience in assembling and troubleshooting complex mechanical and electrical systems.
- Capable of reading and analyzing electronics schematics and mechanical CAD design drawings.
- Capable of prototyping simple mechanical parts and debugging electronics PCBAs.
- Familiar with basic electronics principles.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are essential, and you must be able to multitask and work effectively at all levels in a fast-paced environment.
- This position is located in Milpitas CA and may require up to 10 % travel both locally and domestically.
- Opto-mechanical hands-on experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of regulations and standards affecting medical devices is a plus.
Be VITAL in your career. Be seen for the TALENT you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMO Development, LLC (6242)
R&D Engineering (R&D)