Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Marketing Manager, Global Strategic Marketing
Requisition ID: 2529180201
Ethicon, a member of the
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Senior
Marketing Manager, Global Strategic Marketing, located in Somerville, NJ.
Travel up to 25% is required.
The Sr. Marketing Manager, Global Strategic Marketing – Topical Absorbable Hemostats (TAH) will be responsible for contributing to the development of current and future strategies on the TAH platform (SURGICEL* family, SURGIFOAM* family, INSTAT*) as part of the GSM team. You will also work on cross-platform initiatives for the Biosurgery platform.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies-including sutures, hemostasis products, surgical staplers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices-that are used in a wide variety of open and minimally invasive surgical procedures, and energy based surgical devices. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women's health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity.
The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was started within Ethicon, and was separated and moved to Cincinnati, Ohio over 20 years ago, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today along with innovative energy devices for surgery. Learn more at www.ethicon.com or follow us on Twitter @Ethicon.
The Sr. Marketing Manager, Global Strategic Marketing will hold both upstream and brand management responsibilities, to include:
- Platform strategy including brand segmentation, competitive strategy development, positioning, pricing strategies, claims and life cycle management.
- Participate in the development of an ETHICON Biosurgery comprehensive, global strategy
- Partner with Regional Marketing and Sales to ensure flawless global implementation and ongoing program development.
- Partner with R&D, Medical Affairs, Regulatory, Sales, Regional Marketing, Finance and key customers in planning, coordinating and sequencing product/new indication launches and customer targeting.
- Identify unmet customer needs and provide direction for global growth opportunities.
- Provide commercial input to the advancement of product concepts through the new product development process including providing insights and voice of customer, developing the business case, implementing target product profiles and leading product launch excellence.
- Be accountable to reach financial targets within specified budgets and timeframes and ensure applicable company compliance with all relevant country and regional requirements, company regulations, policies and procedures.
- A Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree required. An Advanced Degree is preferred (i.e. MBA, MS).
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant business experience, including 2+ years in Marketing is required.
- Experience in the healthcare industry and the Medical Device industry is strongly preferred.
- Previous regional in line marketing and/or Global strategic marketing experience are preferred.
- Experience with Marketing Excellence/Mastery, including Launch Excellence principles, is required.
- Experience in product development including needs assessment, portfolio management and product lifecycle management is preferred.
- Proven ability to work in a Global matrix organization required.
- Excellent cross functional and management influencing skills and ability to develop customer relationships required.
- Experience with supply chain, global brand management, influencing a Medical Device sales force and new product launch preferred.
- Demonstrated experience developing and leveraging customer insight and previous people management experience preferred.
position may require up to 25% travel including both domestic and/or
international and is based in Somerville, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-New Jersey-Somerville
Ethicon Inc. (6045)