Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Director Business Operations-Oncology Translational Research
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 2520190816
Janssen R&D US is recruiting for an Associate Director, Business Operations for the Oncology Translational Research and Diagnostics team located in Springhouse, PA. At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found. Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
The Associate Director, Business Operations is a member of the Oncology Translational Research and Diagnostics Operations Leadership Team, reporting to the Head of Strategy and Operations. The main function of this position is to provide strong business support to enable efficient departmental operations. Key responsibilities include leading capacity management, budget and process development/management activities. Lead improvement initiatives in line with departmental strategy. Accountable for effectively collaborating with internal stakeholders to coordinate training, compliance and inspection-readiness activities.
• Manage departmental budget, capacity management and monthly reporting processes
• In collaboration with the Head of Strategy and Operations, identifies and leads process development and improvement initiatives based on business strategy
• Oversees training curriculum requirements and monitors compliance, reporting this to the appropriate leadership for action
• Accountable for supporting annual audits and inspection readiness activities
• Coordination of key departmental meetings
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field, Master’s Degree preferred
• Six Sigma training/certification, preferred
• Minimum of 8 years work experience required
• Leadership in an operational role including responsibility for capacity and budget management, required
• Experience leading quality and compliance activities e.g. audits and training, required
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, required
• Knowledge of sample operations logistics, preferred
• Experience developing and implementing processes, preferred
• Experience working in a matrix environment, preferred
• Previous exposure to oncology clinical trials, preferred
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)