Johnson & Johnson Careers
Polish Operator I
Requisition ID: 2518180529
DePuy Synthes is a Johnson & Johnson company that is one of the leaders in the medical device industry. Our implants and instruments are used by orthopaedic surgeons to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports related injuries. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Polish Operator will be responsible for using equipment for the assembly and processing tasks to produce finished products according to established specifications.
- Perform basic manual grinding and buffing, processing work to a finish stage according to blueprints and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Accountable for adhering to all quality and safety guidelines.
- Operate production equipment to produce sub-assemblies or finished products.
- Assist with set up of equipment.
- Perform visual and dimensional product inspection using drop indicators, venires, gauges and related equipment.
- Assist with quality control inspections of products on assembly line.
- Clean equipment as needed.
- Notify supervisor of maintenance and/or repairs needed on equipment.
- Prepare accurate records/documentation related to work in progress.
- Report production problems.
The schedule for this position will be Sunday through Thursday between the hours of 10:00 PM - 6:00 AM. Shift subject to change based on business need. Training may be conducted during 1st Shift for a period of 4 to 6 weeks, depending on skills level.
- A minimum of a High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience working in a machine shop or production line environment is required.
- A minimum of 6 months of grinding and/or buffing precise finished products is required.
- Experience working in a Medical Device manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience working in a Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) or another regulated environment preferred.
- Experience working in an environment that has gone through Lean process changes preferred.
- The ability to be flexible to change and support change during a Lean process transformation is required.
- Basic mechanical skills required.
- Experience with routine machine inspection preferred.
- Experience with measuring devices preferred.
- Knowledge of blueprint reading and geometric tolerance dimensions preferred.
- Basic computer skills required.
- The ability to work independently and in a team environment is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively (read, write, and speak) in English is required.
- Basic math skills, with the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, compute percentages and work with decimals is required.
- The ability to perform and record measurements with drop indicators, venires and gauges is required.
- The ability to stand and/or walk more than 80% of the time is required.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds unaided is required.
Must be able to work 3rd Shift (10:00 PM - 6:00 AM, Sunday through Thursday). Shift subject to change based on business need. The ability to work overtime and holidays is required dependent on business need.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)