Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manager Quality Control Lab
Requisition ID: 2513180921
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting a Manager Quality Control Lab to be located in Lititz, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
The Manager Quality Control Lab will be responsible for managing and coordinating the activities of the Quality Control associates engaged in sorting, testing, and inspecting products and raw materials to ensure compliance with quality standards and production schedules.
In this role, you may cover the Chemistry laboratory, Microbiology Laboratory, Incoming Testing, or Laboratory Projects group or all groups combined in total or portion, thereof.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Oversee the Laboratory Out of Specification (OOS) and Out of Trend (OOT) test results investigations and ensure thorough root cause analysis and documentation.
- Serve as the technical expert and assist laboratory staff with troubleshooting as well as working actively with Managers and Supervisors for all disciplines in resolving corrective actions and timely completion of reports.
- Participate in process improvements and will assist with the development of laboratory procedures in accordance with current testing guidelines and current GMPs.
- Monitor laboratory metric trends on a regular basis and ensuring that appropriate investigation, corrective actions and/or escalation is conducted as required for recurring trends involving products, methodologies, instrumentation and scientists.
- Provide audit support (front room, back room and SME)
- Lead/sponsor the implementation of improvement initiatives to address recurring laboratory issues.
- Monitor the progress and process for troubleshooting and investigation studies for laboratory issues to ensure appropriate and consistent use of investigative tools and problem-solving techniques.
- Review and approval of Quality Records (e.g. non-conformances, CAPA) related to laboratory events.
- Assess new technology and laboratory automation in collaboration with Regional Laboratory Leaders to increase laboratory efficiency, reduce testing time, reduce data variability, minimize chemical consumption and reduce waste.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of the company’s products and manufacturing processes as wells as industry and regulatory trends related to relevant laboratory testing.
- Communicate and elevate critical business-related issues as well as opportunities to senior management.
- Plan, promote and organize required training activities related to different laboratory testing areas.
- Establish and maintain an annual operational budget.
- Monitor departmental activities to ensure that laboratory personnel follow all company guidelines related to Health, Safety and Environmental practices.
- Participate on regional, global and enterprise initiatives representing the Consumer Segment to ensure conflicts in policy or implementation are addressed
- Provide active link and partnership between the regional QC lab functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Sciences is required. A focused degree in Microbiology, Chemistry, Pharmacy or Analytical Chemistry highly preferred.
- A minimum of 6 years working within a GMP highly regulated environment is required.
- Laboratory experience in a GMP Laboratory environment is required.
- A minimum of 4 years of supervisory experience is required.
- Experience with laboratory validations is a must.
- A minimum of 3 years working in a micro lab environment is required.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Energetic, with strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Ability to perform in a leadership role and to effectively manage people
- Knowledge manufacturing operations is preferred.
- The ability to manage multiple projects as well as a high degree of complexity while dealing with different matrix organizations is required.
- This position may require up to 10% domestic travel as business demands.
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status,
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)