Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Assembly Technician (1 of 2)
Requisition ID: 2499180202
With worldwide sales of over $27 billion, Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is one of the world’s largest, most innovative surgical companies. The businesses represented in the J&J Medical Device sector are Acclarent, Advanced Sterilization Products, Biosense Webster, DePuySynthes, Ethicon, Mentor, and Sterilmed, Megadyne, Coherex and Olive Medical.
The Assembly Technician is responsible for using equipment for the assembly and processing task to produce finished products according to established specification. Accountable for adhering to all quality and safety guidelines.
Operates production equipment to produce subassemblies or finished products. Assists with set up of equipment. Assists with quality control inspections of products on assembly line. Cleans equipment as needed. Notifies supervisor of maintenance and/or repairs needed on equipment. Prepares accurate records/documentation related to work in progress. Reports production problems.
- Assembles medical devices with supervision using various processes by following documented procedures
- Builds medical devices while working within the company’s quality policy and directly following the manufacturing work instructions
- Works with manufacturing engineering as needed to assist with process improvements
- Works within the company’s quality policy to fulfill the company’s needs and objectives
- Under a supervisor’s instructions, build high quality medical devices in various stages and using various manufacturing methods as directed by manufacturing work instructions
- Maintains a clean working environment as documented work instructions require
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- 2 years of experience in assembly is preferred
- English reading, writing and speaking skills, secondary languages are preferred
- Medical device manufacturing experience is preferred
- Clean room experience is preferred
- Good hand-to-eye coordination is required
- Ability to assemble small parts is required
- Ability to use hand tools: Wrenches, Screw Drivers, Etc. is preferred
- Use automatic, semi-automatic and manual equipment is preferred
- Good documentation skills are required
- Occasional heavy lifting up to 40 pounds is preferred.
- Able to work in a clean room environment for extended periods of time is preferred
- Able to work using a microscope for extended time periods is required
MegaDyne Medical Products, Inc. (6250)