Johnson & Johnson Careers
Quality Control Analyst III
Requisition ID: 2490180527
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Quality Control Analyst III to be based in Lititz, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
- Qualify and implement new technologies and instrumentation; develop business process, write SOPs and qualification documents, and provide training to laboratory staff.
- Serve as site administrator for Empower 3. The site administrator will be responsible for all aspects of user support, administrative processes, and connection of new systems to Empower 3, creation and qualification of processing methods, custom calculations, and reports.
- Develop new and optimize existing test methods for raw materials, finished products, and cleaning validation.
- Under routine supervision, perform identification of unknown materials / particulates.
- Perform inspections of retains in response to consumer complaints.
- Perform review and approval of Analytical Services data.
- Routinely test cleaning validation, customer complaint, developmental bulk, and developmental finished product samples in accordance with specifications, policies and procedures.
- Assure that instruments used in analytical methods are calibrated and performing properly and are compliant with company data integrity policies.
- Determine composition of particles and unknowns using common laboratory techniques such as use of FTIR microscope; knowledge of GC-MS beneficial.
- Write method validation and method transfer protocols in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Execute method validation and method transfer protocols.
- Review laboratory documentation for compliance to applicable standard operating procedures and guidelines.
- Evaluate new analytical methods by performing required assay techniques and will modify and refine methods in accordance with change control procedures.
- Record results of testing in laboratory workbooks, directly on report forms or into the laboratory computer system, making standard calculations as required to obtain final results.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of Windows and laboratory instrument software.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent degree) in Chemistry or related science is required.
- A Master’s degree in Chemistry or a related science is preferred.
- A minimum of five years of experience in a GMP analytical chemistry laboratory is required
- Familiarity with analytical chemistry in the pharmaceutical or consumer healthcare industry is highly preferred.
- Competent in technical writing; technical justifications, SOPs, protocols, and reports.
- Thorough knowledge of current industry and regulatory expectations for data integrity.
- Thorough understanding of the principles of laboratory instrument configuration, qualification and software validation is required.
- Extensive experience with lab instrumentation/equipment such as FTIR, UV-vis, AA, HPLC, GC and GC-MS is required.
- Strong project management skills and experience are required.
- Experience with maintenance and troubleshooting of laboratory instrumentation is required.
- Experience with a chromatographic data acquisition system is required.
- Experience with method transfers and validation is preferred.
- The position will be based in Lititz, PA and may require up to 10% travel depending on business needs.
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)