Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Associate Scientist, Antibody Discovery
Requisition ID: 2487171019
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Associate Scientist located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Biotech, Inc. delivers on the promise of new treatments and ways to improve the health of individuals with serious disease. Built upon a legacy of innovative firsts, Janssen Biotech pursues advancing patient care with immunology and oncology solutions. Please visit http://www.janssenbiotech.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This is an opportunity to work with a fast paced, highly functional research team that is focused on the discovery and development of biologic therapies. This position supports Janssen Biotherapeutics R&D through the development and analysis of immunization strategies and technologies to augment therapeutic candidate identification. As a Senior Associate Scientist responsibilities include:
- Perform experiments aimed at generating antibodies directed at targeted epitopes within a protein
- Perform experiments to assess timing and magnitude of B lymphocyte responses to novel antigens
- Evaluate new technologies for antibody discovery and better antigen design
- The position also requires preparation of reports, strong data analysis skills, ability to interpret results and contribute to the design of follow-up experiments, and ability to effectively communicate results
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, or other relevant scientific field, with at least 2 years of industry research experience OR a Master's degree with at least 1 year of industry experience or with relevant academic experience is required
- Experience in pre-clinical model immunology and B lymphocyte cell biology is required
- Experience in assay development and optimization, cell culture and flow cytometry are required
- Experience in serum titer determination including ELISA and MSD is preferred
- Basic knowledge of Immunoglobulin structure and antibody sequence analysis is preferred
- Experience with membrane proteins including GPCRs and novel immuno-oncology targets is preferred
- Industry experience is highly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to propose and design experiments, troubleshoot issues with assay performance, work in a matrix organization and effectively present results and conclusions is required
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)