Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manager, Robotics R&D
Requisition ID: 2474190423
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Manager, Robotics R&D to be located in Boston, MA or Raynham, MA. Please note, we also have a temporary satellite office in Mansfield, MA where candidates may also be based.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
The Senior Manager, Robotics R&D is a key role in the team for digital and robotic technology for the orthopedic medical device industry. This leadership role will direct the Core Spine Robotics team. The ideal candidate will be a strong collaborator and communicator that takes the time to understand the key stakeholders and will be able to guide the team successfully through the NPD (New Product Development) process. This role will work very closely together with the Program Manager, and the Director of Emerging Robotics and assist with direction and management of the NPD Spine Robotics Team.
- Day-to-day lead the team and drive progress in this key NPD program. In the early phases of the project, this includes defining and driving the project, working closely with cross functional stakeholders, hiring and developing an R&D organization, working closely with robotics leadership to meet organizational objectives. In the NPD phase of the project this includes ensuring all documentation is according the processes and to the appropriately quality.
- Define project scope, tracking processing, facilitate team discussions.
- Develop, maintain and track project timelines, stage gates and all necessary activities of the project plan in collaboration with the PM team.
- Identify assumptions, risks, mitigations, key deliverables, critical path dependencies and resource needs.
- Work with cross functional team members to drive project activities, key deliverables, timelines, providing follow up on action items to ensure on-time, on-scope execution and completion of timelines.
- Develop and present project updates, status reports, dashboard to communicate and track the project process, risk and mitigations to the team and to cross functional leadership.
- Work and technically influence project sub-teams to ensure project execution.
- Coordinate and lead project team and core meetings.
- Show independent leadership of teams in dynamic environment.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a technical field is required.
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience, including full cycle development and project management experience is required.
- Extensive experience with the product development process and familiarity with portfolio risk management is required.
- Experience with managing budgets, meeting with finance partners, tracking POs and purchases across a complex organization is required.
- Experience in the field of robotics is strongly preferred.
- Experience with hardware and software medical devices is preferred.
- Experience with 510K and CE mark is preferred.
- Previous orthopedic and especially Spine experience is preferred.
- Strong problem-solving skills for developing creative solutions and meeting project objectives is required.
- Demonstrated ability for strategic thinking and contingency planning is required.
- Deep understanding of medical device R&D processes over the product life cycle, from discovery to post marketing is desired.
- Experience in successfully integrating multiple technologies into a cohesive application is highly desired.
- Excellence with Microsoft project and/or other project management tools is required.
- Experience working with Talent Acquisition, screening resumes, setting up interviews, and facilitating candidates through the recruitment process is required.
- Experience planning and executing global events is required.
- Excellent organization and Project Management skills required.
- This position will be located in Boston, MA or Raynham, MA. Please note, we also have a temporary satellite office in Mansfield, MA where candidates may also be based.
- This position may require up to 25%
travel including international.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
North America-United States-Massachusetts, United States-Massachusetts-Raynham
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)