Johnson & Johnson Careers
Field Director, Oncology (2 roles - East or West)
Requisition ID: 2466190816
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC, a member of Johnson& Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Field Director, Oncology to cover the following region: Eastern OR Western.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
In this exciting role, the the Field Director is responsible for leading an Oncology Medical Science Liaison (MSL) regional team in providing scientific, research, and educational support to health care professionals and internal business partners related to the current and future Janssen Oncology products. The Field Director is responsible for providing oversight of all activities in accordance with current regulatory and health care compliance guidelines.
You, the Field Director, will be responsible for the management of a regional Oncology MSL team including:
• Ensure that team functions are according to the business plan and company directives
• Conducts routine team field visits and 1:1 meetings, providing observation and coaching
• Conduct performance coaching and feedback discussions
• Provide oversight responsibility for team’s training and development
• Ensure team optimal capacity, field activity level, and field metrics
• Ensures each MSL territory plan is strategic, up to date and actionable.
• Manages the team through special projects and cross functional support activities
• Provides appropriate oversight if the team is supported by Contract MSL personnel
• Recruit, select and hire a qualified and diverse work force for the regional Oncology MSL team.
• Provide career and succession planning in support of staff reaching their highest potential
• Provide an optimal working environment by promoting/functioning according to the Credo value, communication of a clear direction, active listening, respecting diversity, encouraging collaborative partnership, empowering direct reports, follow up on commitments, promoting innovation, and rewarding high performance
• Responsible for timely completion of administrative duties. Examples include assessment and approval of expense reports, preparation and communication of team metric reports, among others.
• Co-lead the communication of MSL team achievement updates to appropriate internal partners and levels of management
The successful candidate will also:
• Participate in business planning activities as necessary across the various brands and within Medical Affairs. Ensure appropriate training on and execution of proactive initiatives and other permissible field activities.
• Through partnership with other Director counterpart, co-leads the creation and implementation of MSL Oncology Field strategies for the entire MSL team.
• Co-leads the creation and implementation of MSL field collaborative strategies to ensure compliant partnership with other customer facing teams (e.g. ,sales, sales training, partner companies).
• Ensures effective and efficient collection and distribution of medical insights to appropriate internal stakeholders.
• May be responsible for identifying and developing field scientific strategies
• Participates and/or leads cross functional/company initiatives
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
• A Masters Degree is required.
• A Doctorate level degree or equivalent experience is strongly preferred. (PharmD, PhD, MD, MSN)
• A minimum of 5 years of relevant pharmaceutical industry, clinical/research experience is required.
• A minimum of 2 years of Medical Science Liaison experience or equivalent is required.
• Prior supervisory/leadership experience is strongly preferred.
• Oncology clinical experience (e.g., community/academic practice, cellular therapy (bone marrow transplantation, CAR-T), companion diagnostics) is strongly desired.
• Scientific Acumen: In-depth scientific and/or therapeutic knowledge and experience in the Oncology therapeutic area required; (hematologic malignancy lymphoma, myeloma, CAR-T OR solid tumor oncology,) experience highly preferred
• Some research and health care system knowledge is required
• Must be familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• This role will support a specific territory and will require up to 70% travel.
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC (6120)
Medical Science Liaison