Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Director, Global Strategic Marketing - Trauma
Requisition ID: 2465180527
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Director, Global Strategic Marketing – Trauma, located in West Chester, PA.
DePuy Synthes is a Johnson & Johnson company that is one of the leaders in the medical device industry. Our implants and instruments are used by orthopaedic surgeons to treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports related injuries. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Senior Director is responsible for leadership and innovation in the development of global marketing strategies and new product portfolio strategy to drive growth for the business.
- Lead a team of upstream marketing professionals in the development of all global marketing strategies and tactics, delivering quality new product introductions to the regions, contributing to strategic planning, evolving Marketing Mastery competencies within the team to support brand strategy, anticipating future changes and adapting business plans accordingly
- Manage objectives and align with cross-functional partners. Provide decisive leadership in all areas of the marketing mix related to branding, market segmentation, customer insight, product positioning, portfolio management/ rationalization, internal and external customer engagement, and competitive dynamics. This leader must be passionate and a leader of ideation and strategy development while driving innovative concepts across traditional and non-traditional formats.
- Develop effective marketing strategies to meet company objectives. Leverage internal and external consumer and customer insights and analytics, market conditions, and competitor data to inform marketing plans.
- Identify and lead development of strategic marketing plans to drive global growth opportunities for maximum revenue and opportunity generation for the assigned platform including but not limited to leading the team and partnering with research and development to execute on NPIs and deliver effective global launches.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree is required, with an MBA being preferred.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of Marketing, Product Management, Product Marketing and/or Branding/Marketing experience is required (experience should embrace expertise in the following activities: Brand strategy, consumer insights and analytics, marketing planning and execution, business and financial acumen, strategic planning and pipeline preparation, launch excellence and marketing communications).
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in Healthcare is required.
- Orthopedic Devices or other Medical Device experience is preferred.
- Experience in successfully managing teams in global functions is preferred.
- A minimum of three (3) years of prior leadership experience with people management responsibility is required.
- Prior management of multi-location teams is preferred.
- Ability to influence and drive change, creating followership, enthusiasm and alignment is required.
- Individual must be a global mindset advocate and possess multicultural thinking. They will focus on executing and delivering on commitments.
- Proven track record of shaping and driving innovation, creating an environment for ideas to come to life, empowering the team, and building sustainable relationships within the collaboration eco-system (internal and external) to fulfill our obligation of bringing solutions to the patients we serve around the world as well as creating value to the assigned platform are required.
- Experience in shaping and articulating winning strategies: proven track record of building and executing on global strategies to address our business opportunities, competitive landscape and critical capabilities to win is required.
- Ability to partner and collaborate with all important stakeholders to align on mission, choices and priorities are required.
- Relevant experience in building sustainable, trust-based business relationships with clinical and non-clinical stakeholders is required.
This position is based in West Chester, PA, and may require up to 40% travel, including international.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)