Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Staff Product Management Engineer, Supply Chain
West Chester, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 2465180205
DePuy Synthes is recruiting for a Staff Product Management Engineer, Supply Chain to support the Trauma CMF franchise unit at the West Chester, PA facility.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive Orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of Joint Reconstruction, Trauma, Spine, Sports Medicine, Neurological, Craniomaxillofacial, Power Tools and Biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
You will be part of the DePuy Synthes Supply Chain Product Management (SCPM) group. He/she will use engineering knowledge of manufacturing operations to function as an integral member of a NPI team developing, designing, validating & starting up world-class manufacturing & assembly operations that ensure product quality, cost & performance objectives while concurrently providing design, quality, marketing & financial inputs.
The successful candidate will be working within a cross-functional project team through all phases of the product development process, planning and executing projects through the product launch. The candidate will work closely with members of the project core team (R&D, Quality Engineering, Marketing, Finance, Sourcing, Plan, Make, External Operations etc.,) to define user needs, generate design concepts and prototypes, perform design evaluations (such as tolerance analysis, FEA, DOE's, simulated use testing, etc.), and support development of product and process validation plans and testing. The candidate will also be involved in test method development and evaluation of the proposed design.
The Staff Product Management Engineer will work with manufacturing engineering and suppliers to optimize designs for manufacturability and produce prototypes. The candidate should demonstrate an understanding in the application of design controls and development processes. The candidate should have the ability to prioritize tasks and manage a varied workload, exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills and interface effectively with others in the project team.
The individual will also be expected to develop an expert knowledge of our product lines and detailed knowledge of various Trauma & CMF products.
The Staff Product Management Engineer will be responsible for:
• Planning, scheduling, conducting, and coordinating detailed phases of engineering work in part of a major project or in a total new project of moderate size & complexity that involves conventional engineering practice but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, and difficult coordination requirements.
• Responsible for performing design reviews and pre-validation assessments to ensure the safe and environmentally sound start-up of new processes, communicating business related issues or opportunities to next level management.
• Using appropriate statistical techniques, develop validation protocols, qualify first articles, complete process capability studies & process validation on both internal & supplier processes.
• Conducting DFMA sessions during Charter & Design phase.
• Select & work together with suppliers & designers to finalize product design, material selection & final process selection.
• Design, specify, procure & install assembly equipment, jigs, fixtures & gages, specify acceptance criteria, spare parts & calibration.
• Develop, design, validate & start up manufacturing & assembly operations that meet team objectives for product quality, cost & performance.
• Ensure product is properly designed to manufacture & suppliers are properly selected & qualified.
• Provide all documentation & specifications for process & equipment including drawings, process specifications, failure modes & troubleshooting guide.
• Actively participate in setting overall project objectives, direction & contributing in other functional areas as needed
• The Staff Product Management Engineer can mentor entry level engineers and will oversee manufacturing engineering and/or suppliers to optimize designs for manufacturability and assembly to produce functioning prototypes and supporting production documentation.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related science/engineering degree is required, an Advanced Degree is preferred.
• A minimum of 8 years mechanical product design experience is required. Experience in a FDA-regulated environment is highly preferred.
• Demonstrated proficiency in manufacturing process development & providing ongoing technical support is preferred with evidence of continued self-development.
• Demonstrated advanced knowledge of experience to independently apply engineering principles, world class manufacturing techniques, analysis & judgment to resolve technical issues & develop manufacturing processes is preferred.
• Conducting and/or participating in technical design reviews of requirements, specifications, designs, etc is required.
• Ability to work effectively in a team environment, make effective management level presentations, write formal reports dealing with both technical & business implications & prepare project plans is required.
• Training & experience in Good Manufacturing Practices & ISO 9000 is preferred.
• Strong mechanical design and analysis skills, including an understanding of mechanical subsystem interface to overall system design is required.
• The ability to develop and utilize 3D CAD models, FMEA’s, GD&T, tolerance analysis, FEA, DOE’s, simulated use testing, and statistical analysis is required.
• Experience in identifying user needs (VOC), design principles, material selection, ability to verify and validate design concepts, and understand design failure modes is required.
• Excellent collaboration and teaming skills to work with manufacturing engineering and suppliers to understand the considerations associated with Design for Manufacturing & Assembly (DFMA), Design to Cost (DTC), and working with other team members and consultants to produce prototypes and optimize designs for manufacturability is required.
• This position is based in West Chester, PA and may require up to 20% domestic and international travel.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)