Johnson & Johnson Careers
Maintenance Support Supervisor ~Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 2463180527
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Maintenance Support Supervisor to be based in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
The Maintenance Support position provides supervision, direction, support, training and strategy to the Planning & Scheduling, stock room, CMMS, and maintenance records documentation Resources. Accountable for ensuring a proper plan is created for Maintenance & Facilities tasks with optimal utilization of manpower, assets and materials in compliance with budget requirements. Liaise with Production Planning to secure appropriate downtime to complete non-production technical work on the equipment and Facilities PM’s, CM’s, Calibrations, Projects and Shutdowns Tasks with focus on failure prevention in a way that minimizes negative impact to OEE and maximizes utilization of assets and resources. Work in conjunction with quality, manufacturing and functional area managers/supervisors in the optimization of the support systems such as computerized maintenance management, spare parts, and maintenance document control functions.
Responsibilities: Under limited supervision and in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws/regulations, the Companies’ policies, procedures and guidelines, this position:
Ensure quality and compliance by:
- Attend GMP training on the schedule designated for my role and as appropriate for my role.
- Adhere to strict compliance with procedures applicable to my role.
- Exercise the highest level of integrity in the tasks that I perform.
- In a timely and prompt manner, identify report and seek correction for deviations noted in my workplace.
- Embrace a behavior of employee involvement and commitment to doing the job right the first time.
- Ensure employees under your scope of responsibility are trained in required procedures for the execution of their role and maintain current with training requirements during the year.
- Promote an environment of employee involvement in the workplace.
- Seek prompt identification, reporting and correction of deviations in the workplace as noted by employees.
Operational and Process Focus
- Responsible for achieving day-to-day process outcome and delivering metrics for the process. Focus on efficiency of process, customer service goals, compliance, cost management and training.
- Directs employees who perform Planning & Scheduling tasks, issuance maintenance work orders and PMs.
- Leads projects and project teams in scheduling of tasks.
- Thinks analytically to understand a situation or problem – makes metrics based decisions.
- Partners with peer group to investigate and implement best practices across the business.
- Effectively communicates the need for change.
- Responsible to ensure direct reports do not exceed budgeted overtime allotments.
- Identify and prioritize improvement priorities for P&S process.
- Accountable for investigations relating the Planning and Scheduling Process
- Ensure the visual system as well as metrics are up-to-date.
- Proactively seek ways to improve the P&S process through implementation of a continuous improvement methodology.
- Demonstrate business acumen in all levels of decision-making.
- Represent the Facilities & Maintenance Department during the Production Planning and PRT meetings to secure appropriate downtime to complete non-production technical work on the equipment (PM’s, CM’s, work orders) with minimal impact to OEE and maximizing assets and resources utilization.
- Organize work orders so that the non-production technical work can be performed in an organized fashion.
- Liaise with supervisors to ensure non-production technical work is completed on time.
- Liaise with Capital Project Engineering, Facilities, Utilities and Validation Teams to ensure proper scheduling of tasks to minimize downtime in the manufacturing and packaging areas
- Focus in OEE improvement and budget plan attainment
- Ensure Maintenance Plans are updated and liaise with technicians/mechanics and supervisors to make sure they are executable and completed efficiently
- Lead P&S meetings
- Accountable for Maintenance & Facilities contractor certification process and ensure that they comply with all regulatory requirements prior to work execution.
- Accountable for assuring material availability prior to execution of Maintenance and Facilities tasks
- Optimize the spare parts inventory system and related processes to ensure that the inventory management system supports site reliability efforts.
- Organize the maintenance documentation retention files and ensure integrity and accuracy of CMMS data and system.
- Assure internal resources comply with all required training before scheduling to execute a task
- Assure work order plan fulfil all regulatory, cGMP and EHS, requirements prior to scheduling them.
- Leads the Planning & Scheduling Room and accountable for keeping area and systems functional
- Supervises the R&MP Planner and Associate Planner
- Ensures process is in compliance with cGMPs.
- 100% training on time completion.
- Effective management of owned items on the incident investigations as assigned.
- Team with the Quality Facilitator to resolve NC related issues and to implement GMP process improvements.
- Ensures process is in compliance with Environmental and Safety regulations.
- All safety/environmental observations are re-mediated.
People and Organization Focus
- Demands pursuit of stretch goals for self and others.
- Sets example for personal commitment and accountability.
- Provides timely and honest feedback and mentors others to achieve their highest potential.
- Acts as a change agent within the organization.
- Manages the Resources to ensure maintenance excellence.
- Supervises Planners
- Liaise with Team Leaders and Engineers
- Share learning experiences with other teams and other sites.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of six (6) years of relevant experience is required.
- Technical knowledge of Packaging, Manufacturing, utilities systems, buildings and equipment is required.
- A minimum of three (3) years of manufacturing and maintenance experience is highly preferred
- Must have good verbal and written skills, and proven analytical ability.
- Past experience with maintenance planning and scheduling within a GMP manufacturing environment through the use of SAP is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge working with Electronic Maintenance systems is required
- Prior experience in regulated industries is preferred.
- Technical knowledge of supply chain process preferred.
- Ability to gather information, analyze it and develop tactical plan preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership and influencing skills are preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and train resources is preferred.
- This position is located in Lancaster, Pennsylvania and may require up to 10% travel domestically.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)