Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., (Actelion), a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Therapy Access Manager - Portland/Seattle.
As part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. To learn more visit us at https://www1.actelion.us/
Actelion is a leader in the field of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH). Our portfolio of PAH treatments covers the spectrum of disease in WHO Group 1, from Functional Class (FC) II through to FC IV, with oral, inhaled and intravenous medications.
The Therapy Access Manager (TAM) is responsible for serving as the primary field-based lead for education, assistance, and issue resolution with healthcare providers (HCPs), and their office staff, with respect to patient access to Actelion therapies. This role involves investing significant time (up to 75%) on-site with HCPs assessing their education needs and facilitating collaboration with various stakeholders. Stakeholders may include Specialty Pharmacies and Payers (external) and various Actelion departments including Patient and Pharmacy Access (PPA), Market Access and Field Sales (internal).
Primary responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Equip HCPs and their staff, through education, to navigate the access and payer approval process for prescribed Actelion therapies, access barriers that the HCP must act to overcome, and highlight HCP actions that support access to therapy Develop and execute an education plan consisting of prioritized activities to best educate the HCPs in territory.
- Monitor, analyze, and triage situations which may adversely impact patient access to therapy.
- Communicates effectively and compliantly with entire Market Access department, other internal groups including sales, and medical groups, and HCPs to identify and resolve trending issues regarding patient access to therapies.
- Educate HCPs regarding the access and payer approval process for prescribed Actelion therapies
- Serve as subject matter expert for internal stakeholders and external HCPs regarding education on Medicare treatment guidelines, Medicaid Managed Care, commercial plans, PBM designs, policy changes, formulary status and the impact of healthcare reform on PAH coverage. Maintain and share relevant information regarding account contacts, prior authorization requirements, trends, competitive intelligence, etc. with the Market Access Department.
- Educate peers in the Customer Care Area about various elements of Market Access, including reimbursement, medical coverage policies and medical versus pharmacy benefit designs.
- Execute business in accordance with the highest ethical, legal, and compliance standards, including timely and successful completion of all required training
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least six years relevant experience of which four years are experience in specialty disease state(s).
- Must live in within assigned geographic region or relocate to territory/region.
- Ability to travel overnight as required for geography (travel consist of working with Accounts, business meetings, and industry meetings)
- Advanced degree, or clinical license preferred
- Five years of specialty disease state experience
- Four years of reimbursement or relevant managed care experience
- Clinical experience in pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) or related areas of cardiology and/or pulmonology
- Experience and prior interaction with payer decision makers
- Proven ability to thrive in both an independent setting and in a cross functional / team environment.
- Strong understanding of the specialty pharmacies, managed care, pharmacy benefit and government payers and their impact on product access.
- Ability to communicate payer coverage criteria and prior approval processes.
- Strong clinical knowledge as it relates to payer approval process, and solid business acumen.
- Understanding of national and state legislative, Medicare, Medicaid, and private payer initiatives affecting reimbursement of pharmaceutical and biotechnology products.
- Excellent technical knowledge and expertise in payer policy, including all elements of reimbursement (coding, coverage and payment) is preferred.
- Success exhibiting peer leadership, mentorship and coaching to new hires as well as the rest of the team.
- Demonstrated competence with salesforce.com CRM use, native iOS app use, Microsoft Word, and Excel
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
North America-United States-Washington-Seattle
Actelion Pharmaceuticals US Inc (6252)