Johnson & Johnson Careers
Scientist, Molecular Biologist/Innovationist
Requisition ID: 2442180920
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Scientist located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Biotech, Inc. delivers on the promise of new treatments and ways to improve the health of individuals with serious disease. Built upon a legacy of innovative firsts, Janssen Biotech pursues advancing patient care with immunology and oncology solutions. Please visit www.JanssenBiotech.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Scientist position is a leadership position within the Biologics Discovery team. The successful candidate will drive biologics discovery in partnership with different therapeutic areas (TA) including oncology, immunology, metabolic diseases, neurology and infectious diseases. As a scientific leader in the department, the Scientist will interact with other functional areas to provide molecular design for biologics therapeutics including antibody & protein therapeutics, cell-based therapies including CAR-T, and viral-packaged therapeutics. The positions responsibilities also include therapeutic portfolio project leadership and cutting-edge molecular biology technology development. The scope of this position encompasses:
- Designing & building vectors to support multi-specifics, CAR-Ts & viral therapeutics
- Selecting, designing and optimizing domain-modules/scFv/Fab from antibodies for multi-specific formatting including for CAR-T including lentivirus and viral-delivery therapeutics
- Leading portfolio project(s) from idea through IND-readiness in partnership with therapeutic area leadership
- Executing molecular biology, such as in silico sequence fitness assessments, PCR-based cloning, construct design, library and/or site-directed mutagenesis for the much of the biologics portfolio
- Developing high-sensitivity, high-throughput assays (protein and/or cell-based) for antibody and cellular therapeutics to select leads with excellent biophysical and manufacturing properties with reduced immunogenic potential
- Presenting and defending scientific findings in cross-functional project teams/initiatives, drafts protocols and reports
- M.S. degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, biophysics, immunology or a related discipline with at least 8 years of experience OR a PhD in molecular biology, biochemistry, biophysics, immunology or a related discipline with relevant experience is required
- Evidence of material scientific accomplishments such as a peer-reviewed publication is required
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Molecular Biology techniques with an understanding of high-throughput construct design, restriction-free and restriction-based cloning is preferred
- Discovery of antibody-based biotherapeutics in an industry or academic setting is preferred
- Leading a project to completion or championing a technology initiative is preferred
- Hands-on experience with multi-specific and/or CAR-T lentivirus design, engineering and profiling is preferred
- Hands-on experience with display & library technologies for discovery and/or optimization is preferred
- Clear communication skills in writing and presentation is required
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)