Johnson & Johnson Careers
Field Director (West Region), Real World Value and Evidence Field (formerly HECOR), Major Markets and Institutional Business Gro
Requisition ID: 2441180527
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC, a
Johnson and Johnson Company, is recruiting for a Field Director for the Real
World Value and Evidence (formerly Health Economics and Outcomes Research) for
the West Region. The candidate will function as a player/coach field director
to support the Major Market and Institutional Business Group regional team (MM/IBG)and
high priority customers in the territory.
The candidate must currently reside in the West region, be able to travel
to the region, or relocate at own expense.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC is dedicated to providing medical information and consultative support to a number of J&J's pharmaceutical companies. The company's mission is to create the pre-eminent model of scientific excellence in the promotion of public health.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Field Director (FD) MM/IBG Team, RWV&E-Field, is responsible for leading the creation, development and implementation of field strategies integrated within the RWV&E-Field MM/IBG plans. The FD is responsible for recruitment, coaching, development and retention of the Scientific Account Lead (SAL) team who will execute the RWV&E-Field MM/IBG team strategy. The FD is the point of contact and has key partnering responsibility with the functional leaders of SCG (MM/IBG), RWV&E-Field National Director, as well as with HCC/Legal/Regulatory.
The FD is responsible for monitoring the changing national and regional health care environments, analyzing SAL plans and results, and subsequently making necessary improvements to execution plans in collaboration with the National Director – MM/IBG Lead. The FD guides SALs in how to apply the overall strategic execution plans to their territories, solicits feedback from SALs, and incorporates the feedback in future execution plans. The FD is responsible for monitoring, analyzing and interpreting the work of their regional team and making necessary modifications/improvements on regional strategies and execution plans.
The FD effectively communicates to field-based SALs to increase effectiveness and efficiency, gains commitment to achieve execution, and optimizes resources to maximize objectives while proactively addressing problems to minimize conflict and negative impact on results and the team. The FD also regularly communicates with their manager, the National Director-MM/IBG Lead, to provide feedback and suggestions for gaps/needs/strategies at the territory level.
The FD is accountable for achieving results through others, with a focus on leadership, engagement and execution in a compliant manner and is responsible for the development of all employees within the department by supporting Human Resources Planning (HRP) programs including management development and training to meet current and future business needs. They will provide a work environment which encourages the company's commitment to equal employment opportunity and the value of a diverse work force.
In the player-coach model, the FD will also be responsible for maintaining aspects of the customer-facing role as the primary Principal SAL within their territory. The Field Director will be the lead in the top tier accounts/customers in their specific geographic territory. They will integrate in-depth scientific knowledge, the healthcare market, and local environmental considerations into compliant responses that deliver solutions to scientific inquiries of local and regional MM/IBG customers/investigators/health care systems/academic medical centers, and/or payer systems. Facilitate understanding of company resources to customers and how they provide solutions for the customer. Uses if-then thinking/critical thought analysis to anticipate obstacles and next steps to execute an integrated RWV&E strategic plan
Drive the MM/IBG SAL team’s professional growth, through strategic leadership and motivation, by clearly communicating and exhibiting the company vision, objectives and overall strategy to the team.
Drive performance of the MM/IBG SAL Field team:
· Recruit, train, manage and lead a team of SALs having overall Janssen NA Pharm therapeutic area knowledge
· Lead and coordinate with key partners to ensure that plans are aligned where appropriate.
· Ensure field intelligence is collected in a compliant manner that allows interpretation and action.
· Assist in the development of field communication plans and execute these plans in a compliant manner to meet the scientific needs of various stakeholders. These activities may include, but are not limited to:
o New product launch ctivities
o Responses to medical information requests
o Proactive stakeholder engagements
o Scientific congress/conference support
· Analyze and monitor scientific performance of field personnel, take appropriate and timely action to build and sustain high levels of accomplishment. Advise management on appropriate corrective or disciplinary actions to address poor performance.
· Analyze geographic trends within SAL scientific landscape plans and communicate appropriately to National Director MM/IBG Lead.
· Participate in the planning and deployment of SAL field resources to maximize scientific impact and take advantage of current and future scientific opportunities.
· Identifies areas of potential scientific need/gaps and works with leadership to develop and execute plans regarding proactive outreaches as approved via the legal/HCC exceptions process
- At least 4 years post-graduate experience in the pharmaceutical industry in a clinical field capacity.
- Advanced training or experience in health economics, pharmacoeconomics, health care policy, quality of life research or pharmacoepidemiology preferred
- Minimum 2-4 years related industry experience, preferably in health economics, clinical, and/or people management
- Proven performance record
- Management experience preferred
- Scientific and therapeutic area knowledge in the franchises and disease states supported by RWV&E - Field
- Excellent communication skills – written and presentation
- Advanced ability to comprehend and communicate complex scientific and economic concepts effectively with high-level audiences
- Demonstrated understanding of pharmaceutical industry business model, processes and current issues.
- FLEET - Safe driving
- Approximately a minimum 50% travel in region and must currently reside in or able to relocate at own expense to the West region.
North America-United States-Arizona, North America-United States-Oregon, North America-United States-Montana, North America-United States-Utah, North America-United States-Washington, North America-United States-Nevada, North America-United States-Colorado, North America-United States-Idaho, North America-United States-New Mexico
Janssen Scientific Affairs, LLC (6120)
Health Economics R&D