Johnson & Johnson Careers
Software Manager, New Product Development (Robotics)
Requisition ID: 2440190816
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Software Manager, New Product Development (Robotics) to be located in Boston, MA area.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com
The Software Manager, New Product Development (Robotics) will be a key supporting role in the team on the forefront of digital and robotic technology for the orthopedic medical device industry. This role will lead an expanding team and be responsible for the delivery of required software artifacts into the Design History File of each supported product. The modular architecture employed in each Orthopeadic Robot requires reuse of existing software, design documentation and test documentation as well as the production of new items for each planned software release. The ideal candidate for this role has a rich experience with the production of documentation artifacts as part of a medical device development team and is a strong collaborator that takes the time to understand the key stakeholders in order to drive improvements and efficiently complete all aspects of technical documentation, standards and procedures. They will have a relentless and extraordinary attention to every detail of the project. Finally, they will have communication and collaboration skills that allow them to lead a software development team within a flexible environment and work with other teams to coordinate deliverables and build products on time and within scope.
- Ensure timely progress and high-quality completion of software artifacts such as design documents, test documents, build instructions, release notes.
- Ensure related procedural aspects of projects such as all documentation and approvals are scheduled, tracked and communicated appropriately.
- Lead a growing team of NPI software engineers. Plan the team growth and monitor team performance, addressing issues as required.
- Work closely with other software team members, the technical Software Manager and other functions such as Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing, Service and Quality to ensure the integration of deliverables into successful product configurations.
- Work through the medical device R&D processes throughout the product life cycle, from discovery to post market.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a technical field is required.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience, including full cycle software project management experience is required.
- Experience software development within the medical device industry is required.
- Experience developing software for complex hardware systems is required.
- Experience with software application development in C++ and/or C# on the Windows platform is required.
- Experience developing real-time software for embedded systems is preferred.
- Experience with FDA 510K documentation processes and CE marking standards for related medical devices is highly preferred (ISO 62304, 14971, 60601, 13485).
- Experience with Azure and/or Bitbucket preferred.
- Experience in product development highly preferred.
- Experience in GUI and multi-threaded embedded software interface and synchronization mechanisms preferred.
- This role will be based in Boston, MA and may require up to 25% travel both international and domestic.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
DePuy Synthes Products, Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)