Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Analyst, Payroll Tax (1 of 2)
Requisition ID: 2425180201
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Senior Analyst, Payroll Tax within the Johnson & Johnson Global Services organization. The position will be based in Tampa, FL.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
We have more than 275 operating companies in more than 60 countries, with more than 128,700 employees. Our worldwide headquarters is located in New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA.
Johnson & Johnson Global Services, the global shared services organization supporting the businesses of Johnson & Johnson, performs select functional work in a consistent manner across regions and sectors using simplified, standardized end-to-end processes and state-of-the-art technology. The vision of Johnson & Johnson Global Services is “to be trusted business partners who deliver increasing value by creating and sustaining globally standard world-class services that enable the power of Johnson & Johnson.”
There are more than 2,000 employees in Human Resources, Finance and Procurement who work for Johnson & Johnson Global Services in key service centers located in Manila, Suzhou, Prague, Bogota and Tampa, as well as in local country-based hubs.
The Senior Analyst, Payroll Tax will be involved in all Payroll Tax Operational activities and will be the lead on the preparation and review of the Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Tax reconciliation processes. The Senior Analyst, Payroll Tax must be able to work independently, as well as in a collaborative team environment and may assist in leading specialized assignments and/or projects. This role must ensure that all deliverables meet or exceed individual objectives, adhere to Payroll goals, and align with the NA Finance Service Delivery Strategies.
- Supervise Tax Analyst Day-to-Day responsibilities.
- Execute and/or review operational reconciliations, audit reports and resolve variances.
- Lead with the design and document management for payroll tax procedures (i.e. Desktop Procedures, SOP’s, Knowledge Capital, FAQ’s, QRG’s) to ensure complete, accurate, and up-to-date depiction of processes.
- Assist the Payroll Tax Manager and Team with special projects as needed.
- Review, follow, and provide input to payroll team objectives.
- Provide ideas, solutions, and tools to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of payroll tax and finance processes; supporting a lean process approach.
- Communicate regularly with Payroll Tax/Finance Management and team members regarding task and/or project status updates and opportunities to improve service levels or processes.
- Escalate issues as appropriate to ensure quality service levels. Participate in and support departmental initiatives.
- Adhere to company, department, and team standards of professionalism and protocol.
- Assure that behavior complies with the J&J Credo and supports a positive work environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required, with a preference in Accounting or Finance.
- Master’s Degree in Taxation, Finance, or Business Administration is preferred.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of Payroll Tax experience is required.
- Strong working knowledge of Monthly, Quarterly and Annual Tax Reconciliations, Year End Processes, Federal, State and Local Quarterly Tax and solid knowledge of US Payroll Tax laws is required.
- Experience with SAP or ADP smart compliance is preferred.
- Multistate tax knowledge is preferred.
- Experience in a Shared Service Center environment preferred.
- Experience with Mergers & Acquisition activities, including UI account management is preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail required.
- A sense of urgency in solving customer requests to ensure timely resolution and an ability to work under pressure, multi-task, and meet deadlines required.
- Demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality and sensitivity to compliance-related matters is required.
- Ability to identify problems and recommend a course of action, process complex information and identify solutions that meet both internal and business partner requirements is required.
- Experience working on payroll related projects is preferred.
- Experience with an ERP system (SAP, Peoplesoft, etc.) required and experience with Payroll modules highly preferred.
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Excel is required.
- MS Project and MS Access skills are preferred.
- People management experience preferred.
- This position will be based in Tampa, FL.
- This position may require up to 10% domestic travel.
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)