Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Specialist, Production Planning & Scheduling
Anasco, Puerto Rico
Requisition ID: 2423180601
Johnson & Johnson Vision, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Specialist, Production Planning & Scheduling.
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
As the Senior Specialist, Production Planning & Scheduling, you will:
• Prepare schedules and ensure timely completion of work orders for manufacturing processes.
• Analyze product demand, sales patterns/forecasts, production specifications and plant capacity data.
• Identify raw material and component requirements for production from Engineering and Production specifications.
• Provide watch outs that could impact the production plans due to raw material constraints and align capacity usage and ramp up as needed.
• Review support documents for scheduling such as route sheets, enter all requirements into the planning system or process as required.
• Monitor planning modules or production planning system and related information.
• Monitor/identify opportunities for improving lead time, drive production and distribution indicators (KPI), and act as Subject Matter Expert to provide guidance on Planning requirements to Project Leads/Managers.
• Establish effective communication with various groups (customers, sales offices, or plant production departments), monitor work orders from start to ensure the on-time delivery of products and explain any deviations from commitments.
• Review capacity loads, identify possible manufacturing constraints, and monitor/anticipate production issues due to capacity and new product launches.
• Ensure resources required for production and provide guidance on the need of overtime to support customer requirements attainment.
• Ensure systems data integrity and accuracy of signals, develop new product forecasts and production schedules, drive production scenario planning in potential or evident inventory shortages, lead/identify improvement opportunities for plant/manufacturing unit supply Sales & Operations Planning (S&OP), and lead escalations through Plan Escalation Process and notify personnel/management as appropriate.
• Perform and analyze inventory reports, determine production quantities, customer service recovery analysis, manage local events, and short and long-term planning considering demand.
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Business Administration, Engineering or Operations.
• American Production & Inventory Control Society (APICS) or Project Management certification is preferred.
• At least four (4) years of Supply Chain Management or Operations experience is required.
• Experience in finish goods or raw material planning is required.
• Experience in planning or capacity planning in a regulated industry is required.
• Working knowledge of financial processes and ability to use production and inventory control concepts, techniques and tools are preferred.
• Experience with ERP systems is required, experience with SAP is preferred.
• Experience driving continuous improvement initiatives is preferred.
• Strong analytical skills and the ability to translate complex situations into simple working solutions are required.
• Proficiency in both languages English and Spanish (oral and written) is required.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is required, as well as, Intermediate Excel skills (e.g. pivot tables, vlookup).
• This position requires up to ten percent (10%) of domestic and international travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Puerto Rico-Anasco
AMO Puerto Rico Manufacturing, Inc. (Branch) (7239)