Johnson & Johnson Careers
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 2422190423
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a CAR-T Scientist, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The successful candidate will work in Drug Product Development – Large Molecule (DPD-LM) department. The incumbent will develop, design and perform formulation and process development work to support formulation development, cryopreservation and cell banking activities of CAR-T cell therapy products. He/She will produce cell banks, virus seeds and other biological products (viral and bacterial antigens, tissues, and proteinaceous drug products) in a GxP environment for use in vaccine and protein production, diagnostic testing and/or quality control. Additional responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• Evaluates efficacy of existing cyropreservation protocols
• Investigate cell stability during the storage and shipping at cryogenic temperatures
• Develops new protocols based on research and innovations in the field. Formulation studies will include rational formulation design/selection plus a variety of characterization studies relevant to the stage of development
• Process development studies will include determination and characterization of process parameters associated with cell therapy products.
• Design workflows and studies, collect, record, and interpret data appropriately
• Training other personnel on techniques and equipment.
• He/she will write technical memos with minimal review and keep abreast of scientific developments in relevant fields
A Bachelors Degree in Biochemistry, Biochemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or a related field with at least 8 years of experience OR a Masters Degree in Biochemistry, Biochemical Engineering, or a related field with at least 5 years of experience in a CAR-T cell field OR a PhD in Biology, Biochemistry, Biochemical Engineering, or a related field with at least 1 to 2 years of experience in cell therapy is required
• Virology experience is preferred
• Cell banking experience with deep understanding of cell behaviors at cryogenic temperatures is highly preferred
• CAR-T manufacturing experience highly preferred
• Lab based experience in CAR-T cell drug development is preferred
• Proficiency with flow cytometry-based applications is required
• Independently propose, design, execute, and report research projects is
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-1400�McKean�Road
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)