Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manager, Data Scientist
Raritan, New Jersey; Titusville, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 2404180919
Johnson & Johnson Vision, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Manager, Data Scientist to work with the Janssen Pharmaceutical IT Data Science team. This position may be located in Titusville, NJ or Raritan, NJ. Weekly travel to NJ/PA sites will be required. Additional international and domestic travel up to 20% may be required.
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Data Sciences group within Johnson & Johnson Vision is looking for an outstanding Senior Manager, Data Scientist who is interested in designing, developing, and fielding data mining solutions that have direct impact to Patients, Eye Care Professionals and J&J Vision. Our function spans across the entire value chain from discovery to after launch, and from government oriented to private oriented. This wide scope will enable the scientist to work with various internal business units and external entities to help identify viable data mining opportunities and then conceive, develop and implement end to end data analytical solutions. There are many ways to explore and analyze data, and this drives the excitement and passion of data scientists at Johnson & Johnson Vision as many business units are eager to leverage the data to create business value.
The Senior Manager, Data Scientist will be someone who stays on the cutting edge of data mining research by doing novel research to influence decisions at various levels in the organization. The role requires both a broad knowledge of existing data mining algorithms and creativity to invent and customize when necessary. The Senior Manager, Data Scientist will be part of a dynamic, accomplished informatics team that will support end to end commercial issues in the discovery and development of innovative solutions. Senior Manager, Data Science will also manage a manager, data scientist in Singapore who is for APAC and JP regions. The Senior Manager, Data Scientist will invent and implement creative solutions that go beyond current tools to deliver best solutions to the problems. Will participate in project teams, elicit needs, and act in a primary role as a trusted primary business and scientific partner. Will conceive and develop end to end data mining solutions to support Johnson & Johnson Vision’s business units and initiatives. The Senior Manager, Data Science will manage a manager, Data Scientist in Singapore remotely.
• Master’s in STEM or related discipline, e.g. statistics, operations research, computer science, mathematics and 7 years of relevant work experience in data analysis or related field (Data analyst or Scientist) is required, OR Ph.D. in STEM related field and 4 years of experience is required.
• A minimum of 3 years in roles that create a tangible business impact through Analytics and Data Sciences is required.
• Commercial experience is preferred.
• Strong working knowledge of data mining algorithms including machine learning techniques such as feature engineering, decision trees, clustering, regression, neural networks, Bayesian models is required.
• Proficiency in one or more statistical programming languages such as R, Python, C, C++, Java is preferred.
• Demonstrated familiarity with large datasets (e.g. imaging data, patient electronic health record), and understanding of data analysis workflows is required; strong preference for experience with information integration across different sources.
• Demonstrated capability in building scalable analytical solutions is required.
• Proven communication and influence skills are required.
• Strong working knowledge of the commercial insights associated with the product and brand lifecycle is required.
• Experience as a people manager/team lead/mentor and/or first level supervisor is required.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan
United States-New Jersey-Titusville
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)