Johnson & Johnson Careers
Commercial Operations Manager
Requisition ID: 2402180525
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease and improve the quality of life.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Device Companies (JJMDC), a division of Johnson & Johnson Inc., markets and distributes medical device and diagnostic solutions for use in institutional and primary health care settings across Canada. JJMDC focuses on providing minimally invasive treatment options spanning various medical procedures and disease states. Among the products represented by its various business units are: surgical instruments, orthopaedic implants, devices for women’s health including breast care, infection prevention and general purpose sterilizers, hernia solutions, haemostatic products, cardiovascular and neurovascular diagnostics and treatment.
Responsible for team leadership of the reporting and analytics group for Johnson and Johnson & Johnson Medical Device Companies (JJMDC). Partners with commercial leaders in the development of the analytical tools and capabilities that uncover insights and lead decision-making. You will craft strategy of sales compensation systems, sales forecasting tools and key metrics that are required by commercial leaders. You will liaise with IT partners to improve existing systems and develop cadence of capability additions.
• Team leadership of the Commercial Operations, Reporting and Analytics group with direct line management of 4-5 analysts and occasional contract employees.
• Leads discussions with commercial leaders on compensation strategy, analytic capabilities, forecasting, sales force effectiveness and annual business plan creation.
• Ability to develop effective sales force forecasting, alignment and deployment strategies and translate them into tactical activities to improve sales force effectiveness.
• Deep expertise in compensation systems, theory, and business application to drive behaviors and business results.
• Capacity to review data sets and discern trends, anomalies, and opportunities for improvement in deployment, alignment, and compensation systems.
• Lead the development process of sales (variable) compensation plans. Conducting necessary meetings to understand / obtain input on corporate strategies; Forming & leading cross-functional teams to develop the appropriate plan; Working with Finance & key partners to finalize plan details within allocated budget; Conducting management review / approval sessions; Leading the communication process to affected sales associates & other personnel involved in the administration of the plan (i.e. sales information, business analytics, sales compensation administration)
• Monitor sales compensation plans in order to determine whether plan achieves payout objective & make necessary recommendations for change as required
• Develop roadmap for innovating into new areas of analytics which might include predictive modeling, scenario planning, etc.
• Manage sales compensation payouts, sales forecasts, promotions, awards & recognition
• Take ownership of Compensation Information Systems
• Contribute to the development & execution of the Sales & Marketing Strategic Plan
• Degree in Business/Marketing or a related field required
• 10+ years in a commercial/analytical leadership role supporting a complex Sales and Marketing organization
• Deep understanding of medical sales and geographies
• Deep knowledge of data hierarchies, product/ brand alignments, and current analytical tools used to manage complex flows of data
• Extensive knowledge of sales compensation principles and recognition programs. Ability to effectively translate to key business leaders the strategic and organizational implications of compensation, forecast, and deployment to allow for informed decisions that support business objectives
• Exhibit creative thinking and strong analytical skills
• Ability to establish and maintain credibility as a knowledgeable business partner across business functions
• Ability to influence others without direct authority
• Demonstrated ability to analyze complex data and translate into actionable items at the strategic and tactical levels.
• Ability to deliver major strategy/initiative-base projects based on business needs
• Exhibit strong presentation skills
• Ability to adapt to rapidly changing environments and act as change agent to facilitate organizational change
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)