Johnson & Johnson Vision, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for Director Data Strategy & Advanced Analytics based in Jacksonville, Florida.
Johnson & Johnson Vision is committed to improving and restoring sight for patients worldwide. Since debuting the world’s first disposable soft contact lens in 1987, it has been helping patients see better through their world-leading ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses. In 2017, J&J expanded into cataract surgery, laser refractive surgery (LASIK) and consumer eye health and now serves more than 60 million patients a day across 103 countries with its eye health portfolio.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Director Data Strategy & Advanced Analytics is a key role in the Strategic Insights & Analytics function in Johnson & Johnson Vision Care. The position leads a core team, and operates as a Centre of Excellence responsible for building JJV’s Data Strategy & stewarding Advanced Analytics and Predictive Modelling approaches across the J&J’s Vision franchise to build a insights-led, data driven culture.
The role balances Strategy & Execution – by building a roadmap for Data Strategy, while at the same time, leverage advanced analytics and predictive modelling approaches to drive data driven decisions across commercial & marketing teams.
The ideal candidate needs to have rich domain expertise in the field of advanced analytics coupled with a deep passion for building new capabilities and solutions to shape date driven decision making to drive franchise growth. This role is expected to first harness existing data streams, more importantly, since the future of demand generation lies increasingly within the digital domain, this role needs to identify and simplify the substantial data streams generated across new channels/external sources to build predictive and prescriptive analytical solutions.
The position reports into the Global Head of Insights & Analytics (functional lead) and sits on the Strategic Insights & Analytics Leadership Team across Johnson & Johnson Vision.
Adheres to environmental policy, procedures, and supports department environmental objectives. Engages in Credo-based decision-making.
- Build comprehensive Franchise Data Strategy. Identify jobs to be done (business use cases), conduct data inventory, contrast existing data streams with key knowledge gaps and build Data Strategy Roadmap to prioritize and address data gaps through a mix of – data acquisition (buy/partner) vs data build/generate, work with IT Teams to ingest the data & leverage enterprise data architecture and build sustainable roadmap to harness the data and build connected solutions - master data strategy.
- Create advanced analytic framework & product solutions leveraging existing data assets across the franchise by deploying tools leveraging advanced analytics and predictive modeling to unlock demand and/or drive deep consumer/customer engagement.
- Build specific Use Cases across the Digital, Social, CRM, Salesforce, Professional, Customer & eCommerce data streams, to drive JJV’s Precision & Performance Marketing efforts.
- Build modeling & analytics capabilities across the franchise by identifying & building use-cases to deliver product solutions to drive commercial & marketing excellence. Build an ecosystem of internal & external support teams to build, deploy & maintain these solutions as these get scaled across business teams.
- Design tests, define success metrics and objectives, and report on results to determine ways to improve marketing strategies and achieve larger business objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree is required. Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, applied data sciences or other related fields with emphasis in quantitative methods and solutions; MBA or Masters in related fields is preferred.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of twelve years of progressive experience in Advanced Analytics/Data Science, Digital Analytics roles with exposure to building Data Strategy is required.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize data, interpret data, and process observations into actionable recommendations. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to reconcile external and internal data sources, are required.
- Strong domain expertise with experiences in multivariate statistical analysis including regression, regression tree, logistic regression, cluster analysis, behavioral market structure etc.
- People management and development experience is required.
- Technical skills range from experience with core analytics tools like Qlik, Tableau, Informatica, and Alteryx to cloud computing platforms, and advance analytics tools. Advanced proficiency in Data Science programming tools like R, Python is strongly preferred. Demonstrated expertise in Digital/Social Metrics (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, social platforms) & expertise in working with SFDC is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a matrix environment where a high degree of collaboration is needed is strongly preferred.
- Multi-country experience is a plus.
- Needs to have a good mix of experience of working across Strategy and Execution roles. This role will identify and build business solutions to drive in market impact across leading markets.
- Effective communication skills including presentation skills are required. The job will require frequent interaction with leadership teams including board members.
25% Travel percentage – across national or international.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc. (6094)