Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Scientist, In Vivo Cancer Pharmacology (1 of 2)
Requisition ID: 2386190822
Janssen Research &
Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies
is recruiting for an Associate Scientist, In Vivo Cancer Pharmacology, located
in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The In Vivo Associate Scientist will join the in vivo group efforts in the characterization and development of small molecules and biologics including those that function as immune modulators for the treatment of cancer. S/he will be responsible for contributing to the ex vivo and in vivo studies for multiple research programs across the different stages of pre-clinical drug discovery. His/her responsibilities include the design, execution and interpretation of in vivo studies for the validation and characterization of targets or therapeutic agents in the area of oncology and tumor immunology. Specifically, the candidate will establish and perform in vivo model development, target inhibition, efficacy, mechanism of action, and pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamics (PK/PD) biomarker studies, and will evaluate the influence of dose, schedule and therapeutic combinations in various cancer models.
• S/he will demonstrate their ability to design, perform, interpret and report complex in vivo preclinical cancer models.
• S/he will be proficient in in vivo experimentation, including standard methods of tumor implantation and dosing, proper handling of chemotherapeutics, tumor measurement, health monitoring, and data collection and analysis.
• Contribute to ex vivo analysis of tumor cells or immune cells by FACS, IHC and ELISA.
• S/he will demonstrate the ability to analyze and present data in a clear presentation ready format.
• S/he will demonstrate the ability to manage multiple in vivo experiments simultaneously.
• The candidate will demonstrate the ability to contribute on various projects outside of his/her own, collaborate with stakeholders from all relevant functions, and keep up-to-date in the literature related to his/her field.
• S/he will act as an expert resource on project teams and demonstrate clear and professional verbal and written communication.
• Bachelor’s degree (B.S./B.A.) in biology, cellular and/or tumor immunology with at least 2 years of relevant pharmaceutical or biotech industry/lab/academic experience OR a Master’s degree (M.S.) with at least 1 year of relevant pharmaceutical or biotech industry/lab/academic experience is required
• Extensive experience with in vivo pharmacology models, as it applies to cancer is required
• Experience with small molecules and/or biologics is required.
• Previous experience with multiple oncology relevant models including xenografts, syngeneic models, primary grafts, orthotopic models, transgenics, and genetically engineered tumor models are preferred
• Demonstrated strong skills in tumor implantation techniques and dosing, proper handling of therapeutics, tumor measurement, health monitoring, and data collection and analysis are required
• Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage several projects simultaneously are required
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with people and teams, internally and externally are required
• Intellectually curious and well informed on the latest scientific advances in the field is preferred
• Demonstrated creativity and novel approaches to solving scientific problems is preferred
• Detail-oriented, with excellent record-keeping skills is required
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
• Able to effectively present scientific data and concepts to colleagues and teams is required
• This role is based in Spring House, PA and may require 10% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)