Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sr. Principal Mechanical Engineer
R&D Engineering (R&D)
Requisition ID: 2370180920
Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision (JJSV) a member of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is recruiting for a Sr. Principal Mechanical Engineer – Research to be located in Milpitas, CA.
JJSV designs, manufactures, and distributes products for the surgical treatment of the eye.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
The Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision goal is improving sight throughout a patient’s lifetime. J&J Surgical Vision is well positioned to address a full range of vision health needs for global markets: The No. 2 global provider of CATARACT products and a leader in presbyopia-correcting IOLs, the Global REFRACTIVE (LASIK) market leader, all supported with a CONSUMER EYE HEALTH diverse portfolio of solutions and drops. Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision has operations in the United States, Latin America, Asia-Pacific and Europe/Middle East/Africa regions. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization. Our associates around the world are committed to expanding our brands and fortifying our position as the worldwide leader in the industry.
As integral part of the research team the primary responsibility of this individual is to be directly responsible for the full mechanical design and build of complex opto-mechanical systems as well as full proof of concept clinical prototypes.
These systems are used for application development but also lead to product developments and/or the development of new and innovative technologies and products.
Performs high level research and development functions supporting the development of new products and processes.
Uses creativity and innovation to develop solutions to complex problems in a team environment with other technical functions.
Ensures solutions are consistent with needs and objectives.
Provides advanced design and technical engineering expertise and solutions for mechanical and mechanical process interaction issues.
Adheres to environmental policy, procedures, and supports department environmental objectives.
Engages in Credo-based decision-making.
- A Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent training or expertise
- A minimum of eight (8) years of significant engineering
- Proficient in designing and building complex opto-mechanical systems
- Proficient with SolidWorks
- Experience in medical laser system design or bio-medical field especially ophthalmology desired
- Ability to work on problems of complex scope where analysis of situations or data involves multiple competing factors
- Proven track record for building strong partnerships with optical engineering, electrical engineering, human factors and a variety of external suppliers.
- Experience of taking initial concepts through clinical proof of concept studies.
- Able to work with flexible requirements in a fast pace research setting
- Experience in working with animal and human biological samples
- Support animal as well as clinical studies
- Familiarity with medical device patient interface prototyping which includes 3D printing processes, plastic and elastomeric molding
- Familiar with basic patent process
- Familiar with FEM modeling
- Must possess interpersonal skills to negotiate and reconcile differences
- This position is located in Milpitas, CA and may require up to 10% travel domestically and/or internationally
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
AMO Development, LLC (6242)
R&D Engineering (R&D)