Johnson & Johnson Careers
Tax Analyst Intern (Jan 2020 8 Months)
Requisition ID: 2347190815
Type: 8 Month Co-op
Targeted Start Date: Jan 16th 2020
Johnson & Johnson is the world’s largest and most broadly-based healthcare company. With operations in over 60 countries and core competencies spanning across Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices and Consumer Products, Johnson & Johnson blends heart, science and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity.
Our Finance Division is looking for driven and numbers savvy student to join our Tax Team in our Markham, Ontario location. You will have the opportunity to work with Finance Business Partners across all Canadian J&J operating companies and learn about the different aspects of income tax and sales tax as it pertains to our business.
What’s In It For You?
- You will receive daily support, mentorship and constructive feedback to support on-the-job professional development and training
- You will be part of a culture of diversity that seeks to support every student intern in reaching their potential
- You will work with leaders and collaborate with cross-functional teams, while making a real impact
- Assist with the preparation of corporate income and sales tax returns
- Analyze tax balance sheet accounts and prepare reconciliations
- Make system changes in respect of different sales tax initiatives, including tax rate change, new product introduction, etc.
- Prepare and maintain documentation for quarter-end and/or month-end close as required
- Assist with collection of accounting records and preparation of analysis required to respond to audit requests
- Document activities of this role to ensure a smooth transition to the following Co-op and reduce cycle time necessary to become effective in this role
- Other add-hoc requests for reporting and analysis upon management request
- Currently in the final two years of a Bachelor degree ideally in a co-op program (preferably majoring in Tax, Accounting, Finance or Business Administration)
- Passionate about working towards a professional accounting designation
- Preferably completed at least one co-op term with relevant experience in Tax/Accounting and/or Finance role
- Past experience working in the Pharmaceuticals, Medical Devices or Consumer Products industry is an asset
We are seeking results and performance driven individuals that have proven the ability to lead. We're looking for students with high energy and passion. Students that are creative, adaptable, customer-focused and eager to learn from others. You should have superior interpersonal and influencing skills and strong analytical, oral, and written communication skills. You must have the ability to take care of multiple projects and priorities, in a dynamic and team oriented environment.
BE VITAL in your career. Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Johnson & Johnson Inc. (7695)