Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Marketing Manager, Global Strategic Marketing- Wound Closure
Requisition ID: 2331180131
Ethicon, a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Senior Marketing Manager, Global Strategic Marketing (GSM) – Wound Closure Platform to be located in Somerville, NJ. The position may require up to 30% travel.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies-including sutures, hemostasis products, surgical staplers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices-that are used in a wide variety of open and minimally invasive surgical procedures, and energy based surgical devices. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women's health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity.
The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was started within Ethicon, and was separated and moved to Cincinnati, Ohio over 20 years ago, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today along with innovative energy devices for surgery.
Learn more at www.ethicon.com or follow us on Twitter @Ethicon.
The Sr. Marketing Manager, GSM Wound Closure - will be responsible for driving growth of WC platform, new product development commercial leadership, brand support, and specialty strategy for ETHICON and WC prioritized specialties. Individual will leverage WC Growth Strategies to drive upgrade and ensure achievement of business plans.
The successful candidate will be responsible for setting WC brand strategy including segmentation, messaging & positioning, pricing strategies, TPP & claims, regional launch execution, new product launch preparation and launch excellence processes, VOC & insights to inform brand strategy and pipeline development, and business development strategies. The individual will collaborate with Regional Marketing to ensure flawless global launch and achievement of business plans. Additionally, he/she will partner with R&D, Medical Affairs, Regulatory, Sales, Regional Marketing, Finance and key customers in NPD stage gates, including TPP, revenue model, and evidence generation strategy.
- Global brand Management for subset of Wound Closure brands.
- Be responsible for setting platform area strategy including platform segmentation, positioning, pricing strategies, claims, life cycle management, and business development strategies.
- Development a comprehensive, global, strategy for the platform area in partnership with the other Ethicon platforms where applicable
- Engage with customers and KOL’s to identify key insights; this engagement can be in lab, OR, or ad board setting.
- Partner with Regional Marketing and Sales to ensure flawless global implementation of the platform area and ongoing program development
- Partner with R&D, Medical Affairs, Regulatory, Sales, Regional Marketing, Finance and key customers in planning, coordinating and sequencing product launches, customer targeting; identifying unmet customer needs, and providing direction for global growth opportunities.
- Partner with R&D, New Business Development, Medical Affairs, Regulatory, Regional Marketing & Sales and key customers in identify unmet needs; evaluation options; and providing direction for global growth opportunities.
- Provide commercial input to the advancement of product concepts through the new product development process including providing insights and voice of customer, developing the business case, implementing target product profiles and leading product launch excellence.
- Partner with R&D, Medical Affairs, Regulatory, Regional Marketing, to ensure all New Product Development is integrated into our Customer Engagement Model, validated by customer insights.
- The individual may or may not have direct reports.
- This person has the responsibility to reach financial targets within specified budgets and timeframes. This person will ensure applicable company compliance with all relevant country and regional requirements, company regulations, policies and procedures.
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required, Master's degree preferred
- A minimum of 7 years progressive business experience is required
- A minimum of 3 years of marketing experience is required
- Medical Device marketing and sales experience is highly preferred
- Previous regional in line marketing experience, and Global strategic marketing experience preferred.
- Experience with Marketing Excellence/Mastery, including Launch Excellence principles is preferred.
- Experience in product development including needs assessment, portfolio management, new opportunity assessment, and product lifecycle management preferred.
- Excellent cross-functional and management influencing skills and ability to develop customer relationships required.
- Experience with supply chain, global brand management, influencing a Medical Device sales force and new product launch preferred.
- Healthcare/B2B background preferred
- Orthopedics specialty experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience developing and leveraging customer insight preferred
- Demonstrated competency building and executing Marketing strategy preferred
- The ability to collaborate successfully and build relationships with internal teams is required
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-New Jersey-Somerville
Ethicon Inc. (6045)