Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sales Manager - Puerto Rico - Ethicon
Guaynabo, Puerto Rico
Requisition ID: 2316180531
Johnson & Johnson Medical Caribbean, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Sales Manager - Ethicon to support Puerto Rico.
Johnson & Johnson International – Medical Caribbean is the sales organization for Johnson & Johnson professional products such as sutures and surgical equipment, products for the prevention of infections and injuries in the operating room and cardiovascular products.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
As the Sales Manager - Ethicon, you will:
• The Sales Manager will be responsible for driving business goals for the franchise, developing plans and ensuring financial targets are consistently met. The incumbent will effective manage the business, monitoring performance against targets and enabling the early identification of problems and variance analysis.
• Ensure the appropriate mix of direct and indirect channels are engaged to achieve sales targets working.
• Foster an environment of teamwork and communication. Develop and maintain excellent relationships with key customers. Interact continuously with customers and channels to identify their needs and ensure their satisfaction; keep clients posted on market status, maintain close relation and keep informed and follow up on commercial agreements.
• Keep pace with the demands of a rapidly evolving business.
• Manage, motivate, develop and/or recruit staff, ensure that the team is of the highest quality possible and that skills are maintained or enhanced. Anticipate problems and synthesizing solutions to provide leadership in such a dynamic category.
• Create business plans, geography plans and product portfolio plans aligned with market reality and franchise strategy; define objectives and growth plans based on Business Plan, historic trends and future projections. Create & Implement selling strategies, channel innovation strategies, education strategies, action plans and follow up on their implementation & success.
• Lead and coordinate needs with functional and support areas. Contribute and define with Franchise Director and Product Manager the promotional strategies and events, and ensure their implementation.
• Drive input to the Rolling forecast of product and sales. Monitor changes and trends of healthcare industry (competitors, channels and government) and identify possible business opportunities and threats. Communicate and suggest actions to be taken based on these findings.
• A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree is required, with a major in Business Administration, Industrial Engineering or Economics preferred.
• A Master's degree is highly desirable.
• A minimum of five (5) years of experience in sales or sales and marketing is required.
• Previous leadership experience is required.
• Healthcare industry experience is required; experience in Medical Devices sector is highly preferred.
• Experience in the Operating Room environment is preferred.
• Previous experience in managing health care plans and/or distributors is highly preferred.
• Experience in Puerto Rico and the English Speaking Caribbean markets is desired.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Spanish are required.
• Able to work flexible hours.
• Ability to establish positive interpersonal relations and interact with people effectively, work effectively under time pressure and make accurate and assertive decisions accordingly.
• Demonstrate strong analysis, numerical acuity, negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
• Be proactive, organized, and resourceful, maintain accountability for his/her actions and make good judgment in the performance of his/her duties.
• A valid driver's license is required.
• The position requires 50% of travelling to countries within (but not restricted to) Latin America, Central America, US and the Caribbean.
United States-Puerto Rico-Guaynabo
Johnson & Johnson International (6078)