Johnson & Johnson Careers
Marketing Manager, Global Strategic Marketing – Power Tools
Requisition ID: 2315180918
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for an Marketing Manager, Global Strategic Marketing – Power Tools, located in West Palm Beach Gardens, FL.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Marketing Manager, Global Strategic Marketing, Power Tools will be responsible for formulating and executing upstream marketing strategies for the Global Power Tools business. This individual will be responsible for the definition and delivery of core elements to drive marketing objectives; manage the portfolio and product roadmap including segmentation, targeting and positioning; pricing; TPP and Evidence Strategy; brand strategy; communication strategy and Global J&J Launch Excellence (Lex) Deliverables.
The position reports to the Sr. Marketing Manager, Power Tools Franchise.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate strong experience in strategic marketing, brand strategy, brand expression and implementation. The candidate will also have expertise in brand positioning and translation of the positioning into a messaging platform with an integrated communication plan. Ideally, the candidate will be a global subject matter expert for Power Tools Surgical Process and Technology– including understanding global trends, key opinion leaders, competitive intelligence, product knowledge and performance, and evidence requirements.
- Commercial Results: Achieve annual WW business plan objectives of sales, net income, gross profit, inventory and price. Support the daily commercial business activities of the Power Tools Marketing organization as needed while managing portfolio advancement activities.
- Portfolio Planning & Product Development: Active R&D project Core Team participant: responsible for contributing to product scope, design inputs, validation and development of launch messaging materials, etc. Leverage strong understanding of product development process and functional areas (quality, regulatory, etc.) to ensure on-time launches.
- Product Launches: Responsible for leading and executing impactful WW product launches. Specifically, development of brand and go-to-market strategies, multiple stakeholder marketing materials (salesforce, surgeons, hospitals, etc.), pricing strategy, promotional plans, product training plans and materials (salesforce and surgeons), forecasting, inventory roll-out and management, sales tools, etc. Lead launch efforts across Stakeholders and Regional Marketing and Commercial teams.
- Brand Strategy: Provide leadership in the development and implementation of global brand strategy, services, programs and other initiatives including establishment of value proposition, targeting and segmentation, positioning and lifecycle management.
- Customer Insights and Analytics: Serve as the subject matter expert for our products, competitive strategies, surgical procedures and the innovation landscape. Lead market research initiatives around customer needs, product validation and evidence generation. Partner with Regional Marketing and Sales Teams to gain insights on customer needs and ensure strong alignment with product strategy. Develop and maintain relationships with surgeon customers and key targets.
- Technology Assessment: Engage closely with regional marketing teams to identify and evaluate new technologies, treatments and surgical interventions for potential licensing, acquisition, and/or distribution. Contribute standard and occasionally-complex ROI models and business justifications for organizational investments in new products.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (Business Administration or Marketing preferred) is required; MBA is preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant Marketing/Product Management/Product Development experience is required.
- Product Management and/or Product/Brand Marketing and Product Launch experience is preferred.
- Prior experience in Medical Devices or Orthopedics is preferred.
- Strategic marketing experience preferred.
- Experience and competency in using consumer insights and analytics to develop Brand Strategy, Marketing Plans and translating these into consistent execution plans is preferred.
- The ability to prioritize and to successfully manage multiple projects/priorities is required.
- Global Experience is preferred.
- Ability to work in a hands–on, fast-paced, customer-focused environment is required.
- Ability to work independently, proactively and with teams is required.
- Exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills are required.
- Proven success in producing and communicating effective marketing plans and materials required.
- Ability to work with cadavers and within an Operating Room setting is required.
- The position is located in Palm Beach Gardens, FL and may include up to 40% domestic and International travel, including overnights and occasional weekends.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Florida-Palm Beach Gardens
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)